Who stays

Crush78

4 hours ago, HB said:

I agree it sounds far-fetched, and my memory is he went home to Illinois his first summer.  But one never knows how much summer school they are taking, and I heard some rumblings a couple of weeks ago.  Nothing solid.

I know of two Nebraska women's players who graduated in three years while playing basketball.

17 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Roby, the guy on NBA draft lists, is going to sit out a year and then play one more at a "blue blood".  L.O.L.

i didn't say he was going to. i just said i've heard other players have reached out to him.

i also don't see how his draft stock has gone up from last year. he's averaging 1 more point and 1 more rebound in an extra 6 min per game. his assists and blocks have actually gone down, and all his shooting percentages have gone down.

Edited by TimSmiles

32 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

No, it's just for relying so HEAVILY on the transfer market and not doing a good job developing depth.

I have no issues with the transfers.  None.  Huge variable for us.   What I fault him on is bad roster management.   I.E. Lack of front court players, stopping short on scholarships, losing other guys for a year to sit out on top of being short on ships, hodgepodge group of players   There's no doubt he has brought in a number of talented individual players.   There is a serious doubt about how they mesh and fit together.

17 hours ago, nustudent said:

I have no issues with the transfers.  None.  Huge variable for us.   What I fault him on is bad roster management.   I.E. Lack of front court players, stopping short on scholarships, losing other guys for a year to sit out on top of being short on ships, hodgepodge group of players   There's no doubt he has brought in a number of talented individual players.   There is a serious doubt about how they mesh and fit together.

I agree ... it's part of the game now ... and it was essential to our improvement in talent for sure. I sometimes wonder if it wasn't how Miles wanted to "build" his program (so much), but the early NCAA bid led him to lean more on transfers (again, I agree we need them) and not focus on roster management and high school kids. Or, more likely, it was just hard to get people here he wanted and he basically just took the best available often enough that we end up with a roster where many of our players don't necessarily have a true position.