Who stays

Crush78

5 hours ago, Crush78 said:

If we have a coaching change, who do you think we stay?

My best guess:

Stays

Heiman - Stays home

Davis - already burned rs, probably not much interest from others with injury history

Burke - not going to want to sit another year

Maybe

Thor - Seems to engaged, but could go back home easily

Allen - New coach will probably beg him to stay, dont know if it will work

Harris & Antenken - Doubtful, depends on if they like new coach & vice versa. Also if they are willing to go to a mid major, which is the only ones who would go for them.

Gone

Roby - why go through overhaul for 1 year when you are hearing late 1st, early 2nd round nba grades

Recruits

Arop might come, Green & Adams-Woods head elsewhere 

Well:  worst case scenario would be, out of the group of Roby, Allen, Burke, and Green, losing 3 or all 4 of them; and then adding the equivalent of Barry Collier's first recruiting class.  That would lead to, and I'm just throwing out a rough estimate here, about a 37 game conference losing streak.

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Well:  worst case scenario would be, out of the group of Roby, Allen, Burke, and Green, losing 3 or all 4 of them; and then adding the equivalent of Barry Collier's first recruiting class.  That would lead to, and I'm just throwing out a rough estimate here, about a 37 game conference losing streak.

Didn't Collier's first class include Turek and Muhleisen?

10 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Didn't Collier's first class include Turek and Muhleisen?

Collier's classes:

2000.  Kevin Augustine (JC), Kedrick Ford (JC), Justin Boeker (JC), Marques McCarty, Danai Young (JC).

2001.  Andrew Drevo (WO TR), Jake Muhleisen, John Turek, Brennan Clemmons (JC), Corey Simms, Bronson Schliep (WO), Tony Wilbrand (WO), Dan Heimos

2002.  Nate Johnson (JC), Jason Dourisseau, Wes Wilkinson, Roy Enright

2003.  Marcus Neal (JC), Charles Richardson, Shaun Steagall, James Reynolds, Bob Kempf (WO)

2004.  Aleks Maric, Joe McCray, Marcus Perry (JC), Paul Velander (WO), Jim Ledsome

2005.  Jamel White, Chris Balham, Marcus Walker, B.J. Walker (JC), Kyle Marks, Mike Smith

2006.  Ryan Anderson, Jay-R Strowbridge

Doc's classes:

2006.  Sek Henry, Jeremy Barr (TR)

2007.  Ade Dagunduro (JC), Steve Harley (JC), Toney McCray, Brandon Richardson, Cookie Miller, Shang Ping (JC), Alonzo Edwards, Alex Chapman (JC)

2008.  Jorge Diaz, Eshuante Jones, Christopher Niemann, Mike Fox (WO), Cole Saloman (WO TR), Matt Karn (WO JC)

2009.  Lance Jeter (JC), Ray Gallegos, Brandon Ubel, Drake Beranek (WO TR), Christian Standhardinger, Quincy Hankins-Cole (JC), Myles Holley (JC)

2010.  Caleb Walker (JC), Andre Almeida (JC), Trevor Menke (WO), Kye Kurkowski (WO), Jordan Tyrance (WO), Marshall Parker (JC WO)

2011.  Dylan Talley (JC), David Rivers, Josiah Moore, Corey Hilliard

2012.  Shavon Shields, Benny Parker, Fahro Alihozdic (JC), Jerran Young (JC), Keith Coleman (JC)

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

Yeah, I didn't count 2000 since he didn't get here until the spring. I don't know if those guys were Danny's or he just grabbed a bunch of JCs to fill out a depleted roster. 

I will say this: He had more guys who played here 4 years and were well-regarded than TM. So measuring by heatfelt senior nights, Collier did well. But of course, there were a lot of complete busts too. 

On 2/3/2019 at 10:08 AM, twinswingohuskers said:

If you take a look at those 2 coaches first classes, it will give you an idea what we are in for.  There aren't a lot of top level guys available for a coach that will have 2 weeks to a month to recruit.

Transfer market makes it much different in today’s world though 

2 minutes ago, twinswingohuskers said:

Yes, NU you are right the transfer market does change it somewhat, but remember Mile's has been continually ripped for having transfers.

A.  Not by me.  Of all the issues I have with Miles, transfers are not near the top of my list.

B.  Also think there is a big difference to go that route in year 1 or year 2 when trying to rebuild and still going that route in years 6,7, or 8.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:48 PM, TimSmiles said:

already heard that players from a couple blue blood schools have reached out to roby about transferring to their school for 1 year.

Roby, the guy on NBA draft lists, is going to sit out a year and then play one more at a "blue blood".  L.O.L.

16 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Roby, the guy on NBA draft lists, is going to sit out a year and then play one more at a "blue blood".  L.O.L.

16 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Is there  no chance  he will graduate?

Edited by HB

8 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

In three years?  Would he be the Nebraska Basketball player to ever accomplish that?

I agree it sounds far-fetched, and my memory is he went home to Illinois his first summer.  But one never knows how much summer school they are taking, and I heard some rumblings a couple of weeks ago.  Nothing solid.

5 minutes ago, HB said:

I agree it sounds far-fetched, and my memory is he went home to Illinois his first summer.  But one never knows how much summer school they are taking, and I heard some rumblings a couple of weeks ago.  Nothing solid.

Color me impressed if you guys have people in the academic know. I suppose the plan has been to graduate early to have the degree and go pro but this all sort of seems like what happens when you have a month of losing and that time is spent thinking about what else could go wrong. The working theory of Isaiah knowing how good he could be academically seems really far fetched to me but then again I've had a very bad year in the HHCC contest.

27 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Color me impressed if you guys have people in the academic know. I suppose the plan has been to graduate early to have the degree and go pro but this all sort of seems like what happens when you have a month of losing and that time is spent thinking about what else could go wrong. The working theory of Isaiah knowing how good he could be academically seems really far fetched to me but then again I've had a very bad year in the HHCC contest.

+1 just for this.

Fake rumors have it that Copeland injured himself so that he could focus more on academics this year.

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I have highly unreliable inside sources (local milk delivery man) that they saw Copeland working on homework the night before the injury instead of dribbling a basketball. Where were his priorities? :blink:

"Local Milk Delivery Man" is an  occupation that no longer exists. I think your wife was lying to you.