Nebraska (13-8) vs. Illinois (6-15) Game thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, tcp said:

half of which were taken off balanced, covered, and with less than 3 seconds on the clock. 

We literally had no court awareness at all today. 

These guys are done. 

Bingo!

I actually don't mind if a 3 is taken early in the shot clock as long as it is an open look. Unfortunately for this team, as my dad used say, "They can't hit the broad side of barn with a baseball bat".

Just now, tcp said:

well, this is probably for the going-to-get-much-longer coaching thread, but I'd prefer going the top assistant route. We need a winning culture, and that probably needs to be imported from somewhere else. 

The only thing that worries me about that is winning comes so easy at schools like Duke, MSU, NC, Kentucky. I worry if we get an asst. from a school like that, they will have to learn to win without a roster of 5 stars. 

Never thought I’d say it but that’s it for me. I can’t keep up the optimism when I don’t believe anymore. I’m done putting so much energy and care into Nebrasketball I like Tim Miles and don’t know if firing him is the answer or not. Just sad that we are sitting in this spot right now. Nothing ever changes. It was supposed to be different this year and yet here we are again. Peace out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

You think that would make difference?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Only good I think it does, is it gives us a head start on contacting new coaches. As a form of punishment Tim should have to finish this thing out, since the rest of us do.

41 minutes ago, tcp said:

That's two teams with starters that largely played together for 2 or so seasons that will likely end their time being a worse team than when they first started. That's an impressive accomplishment. 

About like almost every player that comes here ... worse than before they came.

37 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

The only thing that worries me about that is winning comes so easy at schools like Duke, MSU, NC, Kentucky. I worry if we get an asst. from a school like that, they will have to learn to win without a roster of 5 stars. 

then they probably need to move their butts and get 5 star players, won't they? I'll see your lemons and raise you one lemonade, buddy! ;)

Edited by tcp

17 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

About like almost every player that comes here ... worse than before they came.

lol Damn, Spurs, that's way too harsh! We've had several players better than they started. In any event, this team has raced backwards all crazy like. Even I'm a bit stunned at the speed of the regression.