Nebraska (13-8) vs. Illinois (6-15) Game thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

Our offense is almost laughable...nothing better than the Tim Miles special...stand around no movement thrown up a prayer at the shit clock. 

In Tucson, I watch Arizona run a lot of the same sets, but it seems to work better (not this year) with McD All-Americans than it does with the Huskers

focus is regularly not knowing what time is on your shot clock, and not having an on court leader taking charge of that information. 

this team really does have a serious player leadership deficit. just no one out there to round up the puppies and keep them present. 

they really play like a gaggle of talented but really easily distracted cats. 

sorry for all the mixed critter analogies here, but I'm in my happy place thinking of cute, small mammals. 

Edited by tcp

7 minutes ago, hhcdave said:

I highly doubt we even make the NIT. even with Copeland we were still going to be an NIT team. Even if not in year seven you have to have freaking depth. 

This team would never accept an NIT bid.  Senior-laden team, lame duck coach, there is zero reason to accept that bid.  Don't think Moos would allow even if Tim decided to try it.

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

At this point it’s not coaching or lack of shooting drills.  Guys just need to get out of their own heads.  My goodness.  Threes, FTs, layups.

I think this is right on!  I remember the last run to the Tournament.  When we got FTs, it seem like nobody ever missed.  They just seemed to Know they were Going to Make it, as if it were Destiny.  This team won't make it unless they can develop that attitude!

7 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

That’s part of coaching.

Then please explain what we do?  More drills?  Tell them to have confidence?  There’s only so much a coach can do.  A coach can put them in a position to succeed through a solid offense.  I’ll agree with y’all there.  But when it comes to putting the ball in the hoop... what more can a coach do?