Moos

Norm Peterson

I find the whole situation bizarre at best and truly disgusting at worst. Wait, can it be both at the same time?

Either there are some really awful people with a monster axe to grind if this was invented from nowhere -OR- there actually is something behind the rumors and it's just a matter of time before it ends harshly. 

Regardless, this athletic department has got to find a way to start winning across multiple programs quickly - it is the only way to shut down the drama seekers.

2 hours ago, demone said:

I find the whole situation bizarre at best and truly disgusting at worst. Wait, can it be both at the same time?

Either there are some really awful people with a monster axe to grind if this was invented from nowhere -OR- there actually is something behind the rumors and it's just a matter of time before it ends harshly. 

Regardless, this athletic department has got to find a way to start winning across multiple programs quickly - it is the only way to shut down the drama seekers.

I'll say it again, feel fortunate that the BIG allowed us in the conference.  We haven't done much for the brand since joining, other than Volleyball.

1 hour ago, Rawesome79 said:

Heard all this in December... along with other issues the unity of purpose crew may have. I guess maybe not everyone is on the same page. Me thinks they need to cut a bunch of dead weight in the AD office. 

I'd rather have a unity crew out drinking to their unity and then drikning to ther untity somemore than a ginger driving the energy bus into a brick wall. But just barely.

3 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

I remember Bill Byrne seemed to be pretty satisfied with his "lists," even though he couldn't utilize 'em at times... guess we'll see how Bill Moos' tenure goes. It's kind of up in the air, despite whatever public display of affection, a.k.a. the kiss of death. ;)

3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I remember Bill Byrne seemed to be pretty satisfied with his "lists," even though he couldn't utilize 'em at times... guess we'll see how Bill Moos' tenure goes. It's kind of up in the air, despite whatever public display of affection, a.k.a. the kiss of death. ;)

I’ve got no issues with the guy...I was just curious a while back that he was a no show at Husker men’s games...specifically Kent’s night...but he seemed to be on the sideline for every honor bestowed on a person or family at a football game.  

2 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

I’ve got no issues with the guy...I was just curious a while back that he was a no show at Husker men’s games...specifically Kent’s night...but he seemed to be on the sideline for every honor bestowed on a person or family at a football game.  

Well, we do need Boehm to do something....

5 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

I don't have an issue with him. Just tryin' to make jokes, man. ;)

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

It will be sort of interesting to see how the process works IF Coach Miles is terminated.  Our Director of Athletics may have a list, but both Ronnie and Hank appear to have a deep interest in our athletic department and the hiring process.  If the salary is over a certain amount, it sounds as if Hank even has veto power.  We also have a board of regents and a number of bossters who may have a say. 

With Coach Frost, it was, more or less, he is going to be the next coach, do whatever it takes to make it happen.  I have no clue what transpired with the hiring of Mark Hankins as the golf coach and Sean Maymi as the tennis coach.

Again, for those who believe we simply need to throw money at the right guy, should take a deeper dive into the hiring/approval process.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

It will be sort of interesting to see how the process works IF Coach Miles is terminated.  Our Director of Athletics may have a list, but both Ronnie and Hank appear to have a deep interest in our athletic department and the hiring process.  If the salary is over a certain amount, it sounds as if Hank even has veto power.  We also have a board of regents and a number of bossters who may have a say. 

With Coach Frost, it was, more or less, he is going to be the next coach, do whatever it takes to make it happen.  I have no clue what transpired with the hiring of Mark Hankins as the golf coach and Sean Maymi as the tennis coach.

Again, for those who believe we simply need to throw money at the right guy, should take a deeper dive into the hiring/approval process.

'Bossters'  I like it!  :Bow:  :Biggrin: