Moos

Norm Peterson

Right now, social media is laughing at all the dumb jerks on social media who relied on rumors on social media to assume something was amiss.  Or amoos, if you'd rather.

So, now, social media provides us the answer that what was said before on social media was just a vicious rumor, showing once again that you can't trust social media.

Unless Moos leaves on his own accord.  In which case, maybe social media was right?  But … which social media?  ?

In other news, I'm surprised Ronnie and Hank didn't say "we won't comment publicly on any coach or athletic department official until the season is over. Or a couple weeks after the season, whichever is later.  Unless we comment earlier."

10 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

For those of us who aren't super adept to social media and all its ugliness, can someone summarize the nature of these rumors?  

If the rumors aren't true, I don't want to add to the public smearing of someone's name.  However, the fact that Ronnie and Hank felt the need to come out and defend the guy suggests that the rumors had gotten spread pretty broadly, perhaps even in the donor community.

Actually, I can say I initially heard it from a donor, so I can say definitively that the rumors were circulating among the donor community.

But the rumors are actually two-fold:  One rumor is the issue of concern; the other rumor is that the powers-that-be intended to take action to address the issue of concern.  So, while Ronnie and Hank denied rumor #2, they never said anything about rumor #1. So, they're not denying that part, and I guess if Moos and boosters enjoy each others company in the consumption of adult beverages and Ronnie and Hank don't care, who am I to judge?

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

If the rumors aren't true, I don't want to add to the public smearing of someone's name.  However, the fact that Ronnie and Hank felt the need to come out and defend the guy suggests that the rumors had gotten spread pretty broadly, perhaps even in the donor community.

Actually, I can say I initially heard it from a donor, so I can say definitively that the rumors were circulating among the donor community.

But the rumors are actually two-fold:  One rumor is the issue of concern; the other rumor is that the powers-that-be intended to take action to address the issue of concern.  So, while Ronnie and Hank denied rumor #2, they never said anything about rumor #1. So, they're not denying that part, and I guess if Moos and boosters enjoy each others company in the consumption of adult beverages and Ronnie and Hank don't care, who am I to judge?

Thanks Norm!  I did find the rumors in the other thread that was discussing this topic.  I completely agree with your take and seriously, can anyone find fault with someone, allegedly, drinking excessively while watching Husker sports recently!  

13 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

However, the fact that Ronnie and Hank felt the need to come out and defend the guy suggests that the rumors had gotten spread pretty broadly, perhaps even in the donor community.

They made a statement because of the LJS and OWH. Those entities you can say were fueled by rumors but this isn't technically a direct response to rumors.

4 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Thanks Norm!  I did find the rumors in the other thread that was discussing this topic.  I completely agree with your take and seriously, can anyone find fault with someone, allegedly, drinking excessively while watching Husker sports recently!  

The topic around here started when i asked about Moos's lack of appearances at Husker Basketball games this season while appearing in public all over the place at football games.  Someone responded that they had sources that told him that Moos was probably gone after start of the year and they pretty much swore by those sources.  

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

Streisand effect is when information is being withheld and that causes people to seek out more information. The admin didn't stonewall LJS/OWH nor did they say no comment.

I will say that they've taken internet rumors and legitimized them so in a sense this is now more public. Is it your opinion that next week this is still going to be as strong or worse? 

Shit stain husker nation is at it again. Doing their best to sabotage their own athletic department.

This group, along with those boosters in Omaha who didn't/don't want Trev as the UNL AD because they were/still are butt hurt.

It's getting to the point where I can't hardly stand going to live Husker games anymore. 

The rank stupidity that flows from their mouths is mind numbing.

Edited by Ron Mexico

Listened to Jack Mitchell and John Bishop this morning on KLIN, where Bishop said he felt it was "odd" that Moos wasn't seen at more basketball games.  He wasn't at the Creighton game.  Here you have a program that is the #2 face of UNL athletics, and the games at Pinnacle bank are definitely more than just filler between the end of the football and Spring training.  They are an event, and you would think Moos would want to be seen at these events.  It's an opportunity to show support, to glad hand, to be a part of the event.  Especially when you would see Osborne at like 90 percent of the Men's AND Women's games. 

What's the deal?  Is this the guy we want hiring our next basketball coach, if/when it comes to that? 

1 hour ago, hal9000 said:

Listened to Jack Mitchell and John Bishop this morning on KLIN, where Bishop said he felt it was "odd" that Moos wasn't seen at more basketball games.  He wasn't at the Creighton game.  Here you have a program that is the #2 face of UNL athletics, and the games at Pinnacle bank are definitely more than just filler between the end of the football and Spring training.  They are an event, and you would think Moos would want to be seen at these events.  It's an opportunity to show support, to glad hand, to be a part of the event.  Especially when you would see Osborne at like 90 percent of the Men's AND Women's games. 

What's the deal?  Is this the guy we want hiring our next basketball coach, if/when it comes to that? 

Could be wrong but I was told Moos was at the Regional VB game in Minneapolis while we were playing Creighton. Which would make a lot of sense with it being our best sport at the moment

27 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Thank goodness UNL prohibits alcohol at all sporting events or this could have gotten a little awkward tonight.  I'm sure the OWH would have had some sort of beer counter spying Moos.

Just watch for the folks in the blue sweater vests.  The ones that hang out on the concourse.

4 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

umm doesn't this announcement by the administration just confirm that moos might have had some questionable behavior over the past few months?

if moos did nothing wrong, i don't think there would have been a need to make an announcement. just let the rumors blow over.

Not necessarily. 

The rumors need to be addressed before they get too big.