Moos

Norm Peterson

On 2/8/2019 at 10:17 AM, Buglem said:

As another example of the administration not fully supporting basketball, here's a post from Twitter showing Moos having a great time at a football recruiting event at the same time the basketball team was playing a real game in Lincoln. Tell me this doesn't send a clear message that basketball is second fiddle and not a priority when he's skipping a game to attend this event. I don't care if the coach is on the hot seat or not, he should be at every game possible. He made all the football games with Riley on the hot seat!

What?  I was at the event.  Moos was exactly where he should have been, in a room full of the biggest donors.  It's absurd to suggest that he should have been at the basketball game instead.

Edit: let's be clear, basketball is second fiddle to football.  And I'm sure they made a bunch of money for the athletic department.

Did it suck that the event was at the same time as a basketball game?  Yes it did, but the big 10 scheduled the game.

Edited by PimpMario

36 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

More evidence that there is something missing between administration and the basketball program. During the pregame with KP, Boehm said that "Andre" Dagunduro would be in attendance for legends weekend.

what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

31 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Maybe he was thinking of Andre Almeida, or Andre Smith or Andre the Giant?

Or maybe Almeida was hungry and ate Ade Dagunduro?

tenor.gif?itemid=4347520

On 2/8/2019 at 1:44 PM, The Polish Rifle said:

I've heard about him, read the articles, it does seem he provides a helpful service. I haven't heard the segment as I'm at work. I did intern in NCAA compliance and know there is a lot of gray area with outside consultants especially if they are working one-on-one with the kids. I would guess the policy is in place to protect against NCAA violations, and if he was brought in without first an OK by the compliance staff - it could explain was he was asked to stop. I pulled this from ASUs website, but there is a lot of hoops to jump through if you want a consultant to come assist athletes. Again, no idea if Nebraska covered these steps before bringing Mr. Riggins on, just giving a reason why he might have been asked to cease for the time being.

Brought in two years ago (for volleyball) and only recently asked to stop? With a staff of several full-time, law school-educated compliance officials whose job is literally to look for these exact circumstances? I mean...I guess it's possible. But with the way this policy seems to be kind of randomly enforced, that just seems unlikely to me, and it sure didn't sound like it was a temporary pause (albeit from the way he's portraying things, which may not be the most objective, but it seems pretty extreme to be this vocal about being told "hang on for a couple weeks while we submit some paperwork"). Bottom line: maybe it doesn't matter, but this just seems like an example where perhaps the administration could do better. If their purpose is to remove hurdles when possible, it seems counterintuitive to create policies that build them instead.

Also I heard the "Andre Dagunduro" reference too...thought I misheard it, but nope, guess not. Although I'd chalk that one up more to Boehm not being a very polished public speaker than to some sort of administrative ignorance. Had he referred to him as "Aid Dagunduro", as in lemon or lime...THEN I might be a little more wary.

6 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Brought in two years ago (for volleyball) and only recently asked to stop? With a staff of several full-time, law school-educated compliance officials whose job is literally to look for these exact circumstances? I mean...I guess it's possible. But with the way this policy seems to be kind of randomly enforced, that just seems unlikely to me, and it sure didn't sound like it was a temporary pause (albeit from the way he's portraying things, which may not be the most objective, but it seems pretty extreme to be this vocal about being told "hang on for a couple weeks while we submit some paperwork"). Bottom line: maybe it doesn't matter, but this just seems like an example where perhaps the administration could do better. If their purpose is to remove hurdles when possible, it seems counterintuitive to create policies that build them instead.

Also I heard the "Andre Dagunduro" reference too...thought I misheard it, but nope, guess not. Although I'd chalk that one up more to Boehm not being a very polished public speaker than to some sort of administrative ignorance. Had he referred to him as "Aid Dagunduro", as in lemon or lime...THEN I might be a little more wary.

Oh its weird for sure, just trying to think of a logical explanation. I also don't think that the department is crazy about how the guy tweets. It would be a violation if he tweets at a recruit, and he seems to be active with commenting on husker athletics. He's kind of a loose cannon on twitter, including being critical of the athletic department - my guess is at this point the bridge has been burned. 

4 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Oh its weird for sure, just trying to think of a logical explanation. I also don't think that the department is crazy about how the guy tweets. It would be a violation if he tweets at a recruit, and he seems to be active with commenting on husker athletics. He's kind of a loose cannon on twitter, including being critical of the athletic department - my guess is at this point the bridge has been burned. 

Fair, although I haven't looked to see when the criticism of the department started and if it possibly coincides with the "back off" directive (not sure which is the chicken and which is the egg, I guess). It's a violation if anyone who gives a dime to Athletics tweets at a recruit too, but I have to think he knows better than that too, given how long he's been working with the department in one capacity or another.

34 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

It was the OWH article that triggered things.  It's probable that he's still working with the team today if that hadn't happened because I don't know how else Moos would have known.

Prior to December just looking back through his twitter there doesn't seem to be anything on there other than him being a big Husker fan which isn't against any rule. I guess he's the guy who gave the football team the US flag back in 2011. Seems like the bridge might be burned though going forward but maybe Frost will be interested and then it would change.