No expectations, this is Nebrasketball

PimpMario

24 minutes ago, HB said:

How about us poor bastards who have been on a 5 decade journey?   ??

The 90sb arguably had some success.  Since 2000...

Edit: and before that Nebrasketball fans didn't really have the internet to commiserate.  Sometimes you might feel like the only Nebrasketball fan in the world.

Edited by PimpMario

58 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

This message board has seen some slow slow times in February and March. It's sad to think we've been fortunate these last couple of years and it just regresses back to the norm.

The last couple of years were slow for me because I wasn't that excited for the offseason.  Especially 2017, that was a brutal off-season.

I have high expectations, and I will continue to have high expectations.  I am not ready to give up on this season yet, but the past two weeks have been a real gut punch.  Last night we needed all the players to step up. A few seemed to, others did not.  I haven't given up on this team, but have the players given up on themselves?

47 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

Sometimes you might feel like the only Nebrasketball fan in the world.

Seriously. I try to elicit sympathy from friends about the team's plight, and I get stuff like this:

• Friend who's a grad of Indiana: "IU is horrible this year, too. It's gonna be a long winter." Indiana? You have no idea.
  • Friend who's a KU grad who also works for KU: "The NCAA Tournament isn't that big of a deal."
  • Iowa friend, Hawkeye fan: "I know, right? Fran just has to get this team into the tournament this year. It's been such a long time."

Thanks, everybody, for sharing my misery. It's good to know someone understands.

41 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I have high expectations, and I will continue to have high expectations.  I am not ready to give up on this season yet, but the past two weeks have been a real gut punch.  Last night we needed all the players to step up. A few seemed to, others did not.  I haven't given up on this team, but have the players given up on themselves?

It's hard to believe 2 weeks ago, we were a 4-seed in some analysts' minds. Here we are 2 weeks later squarely on the bubble. The life of Nebrasketball to a T ?

52 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

It's hard to believe 2 weeks ago, we were a 4-seed in some analysts' minds. Here we are 2 weeks later squarely on the bubble. The life of Nebrasketball to a T ?

People were talking about a Sweet 16 and we literally hadn't won a game yet! My, have the tables turned in a matter of weeks.