Marc Boehm

hhcdave

1 hour ago, HuskerBB said:

My wife commented last night that she saw two people who entered the arena with one of those clear purses that just had their other purse inside it.  She said the purses that were inside the clear bag were big enough that they never would have let them in with those purses by themselves - but when they just stuck the same purse in the clear bag it was apparently OK.  What is the point of that?

Of course the clear purse thing has always been pretty stupid and mostly symbolic.  Same thing about looking into the purses really.   As the other poster indicated lots of people go in wearing coats that have far more pocket space than the purses they check (or the stocking cap you have to remove) - but no one ever searches coat pockets.  (Probably should not have mentioned that - now they will read this and decide they have to search everyone's pockets :) )

You mean like they do at Concerts at the arena? I’m guessing UNL won’t allow them to put Husker fans through the security procedures that they do at rock concerts.  Although with tougher security at concerts, I’m still waiting for the second hand doobie smoke at a Husker game.  They might need some of that to calm the natives soon. 

• 5 months later...
On 1/30/2019 at 6:04 PM, Nighthawk said:

You mean like they do at Concerts at the arena? I’m guessing UNL won’t allow them to put Husker fans through the security procedures that they do at rock concerts.  Although with tougher security at concerts, I’m still waiting for the second hand doobie smoke at a Husker game.  They might need some of that to calm the natives soon. 

I’m so glad he’s gone. Not for his sake, or because he “deserved it.” But for this board’s sake. Boehm is a seriously nice guy, and well liked. Literally not, in any true way, “the issue behind Nebrasketball.” 

We now have zero excuses. We have the facilities, the resources, and AD who seems to provide then get out of the way, an all-star coach, a great conference, fan support... we literally have it all. 

If we win in the future, it will have nothing to do with whether Mark Boehm was involved or not involved. It will be because we finally (95%) got the right players with (5%) the right coach. 

23 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

So we going to start seeing some classic Herbie basketball gear now? 

To me, how damn obvious it is there is a demand for that product, is what really grinds my gears. I have no clue if the decision was his not to sell that stuff I so covet. But if it was that is a "you are being transitioned to another position" offense if there ever was one 😉