Marc Boehm

hhcdave

His role is pretty operational based on the description.  It would be super tedious to replace him given what he oversees.  The home games I’ve been to were very smooth and entertaining experiences, and I’m pretty sure he’s overseeing that experience.  I don’t think his job has anything to do with the basketball product on the court.  

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

So, the guys who tells me to unzip my coat before I'm even in the door should be worried about their job security.

Honestly, yes.  That is not only annoying or patronizing.  Have they ever prevented anyone from sneaking something in.

Staff at memorial generally does a better job at almost everything then PBA.

10 hours ago, tcp said:

Actually, he's not even very good at those, either. We have terrible marketing and our web presence is about the worst I've seen in a power 5 school. That website is a disorganized monstrosity. 

But hey, the cheerleaders still look okay, so I'll give him a pass there. 

Except due to an accident that happened decades ago, we are the only school in the conference with no yell squad. Outside of being nice to look at, the cheerleaders/scarlets add very little to the game.  The students are louder than the cheer leaders.  Maybe it's just me...but i miss the days of the old "Defense, Defense". 

6 hours ago, PimpMario said:

Honestly, yes.  That is not only annoying or patronizing.  Have they ever prevented anyone from sneaking something in.

Staff at memorial generally does a better job at almost everything then PBA.

lol...my dad has to take his hat off when he comes into Pinnacle Bank Arena in addition to unzipping his coat.  They want to make sure he's not sneaking in any shots under this hat.  Not once has he had to remove his hat at Memorial Stadium. 

42 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

lol...my dad has to take his hat off when he comes into Pinnacle Bank Arena in addition to unzipping his coat.  They want to make sure he's not sneaking in any shots under this hat.  Not once has he had to remove his hat at Memorial Stadium. 

I suspect the difference is one is owned by the university and one is owned by the city.  But yeah, I have a jacket with which I could smuggle in a dog, a 20 lb bag of dog food, plus another dog but WHAT IS UNDER THAT STOCKING CAP?

10 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I suspect the difference is one is owned by the university and one is owned by the city.  But yeah, I have a jacket with which I could smuggle in a dog, a 20 lb bag of dog food, plus another dog but WHAT IS UNDER THAT STOCKING CAP?

haha...very true.  I just find it amusing.  Once in a blue moon I'll see a empty shot bottle in the bathroom at a men's game...but I see a good number of shot bottles at football games.  At least at the basketball games they leave the caps on the water and soda bottles, unlike concerts where they remove the caps before giving you the bottles. 

12 hours ago, hhcdave said:

So of all the local media that reads this board... who will be first to bring this up, ask some questions, etc? Part of this programs problem throughout the years has been lack of "fire" from the local media. I'll give Lee a pass although sometimes he was a bit over the top but I'd prefer that to being a lip piece for the U.

Agreed x10,000 

Why is this guy so untouchable? He's the only attachment between all of our mediocrity over the past 15 years. He's either not getting it done from an accountability and resources perspective or he's so good he's been able to keep things afloat that were going to be a lot worse if he wasn't there. I tend to believe it's the former. 

Yes, there are a number of reasons he should go.  Just to name a few examples that seem to be under his authority...Branding and marketing are mediocre at NU, especially for basketball.  I am more than willing to fork over money for Husker gear but cannot find anything I would actually pay for.  It is not an Adidas problem, because I used to live Lawrence and KU fans have no shortage of better options.  Also, how are we the only regional university that doesn't license to Charlie Hustle out of KC? They make some good stuff.  They seems to be little effort put into this aspect of the program.

Also, the music guy at PBA seems to have settled on 10 songs a few years back and decided his job was done.  It is getting as bad as when it seemed the Jock Jams CD got stuck in the player at Devaney for about a decade.  If you are being paid to choose and play music, then you should at least occasionally choose new music.

And make folks in the lower level exit toward the back until the game is over.  I don't think I have seen any other arena allow the logjam of grey hairs scramble for the parking garages prior to the buzzer in front of the TV cameras like we do.  It looks terrible.

Edited by Cornhoopers

13 minutes ago, Cornhoopers said:

Also, the music guy at PBA seems to have settled on 10 songs a few years back and decided his job was done.  It is getting as bad as when it seemed the Jock Jams CD got stuck in the player at Devaney for about a decade.  If you are being paid to choose and play music, then you should at least occasionally choose new music.

Disagree.  Also, the guy specifically plays Zeppelin's Immigrant Song every time Thor comes in because I requested it. 

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

Disagree.  Also, the guy specifically plays Zeppelin's Immigrant Song every time Thor comes in because I requested it. 

So because he made one change and it took a outside request to do it, not his own skills as a DJ (I guess that's what he is), he's doing his job a satisfactory level?

Just now, Cornhoopers said:

So because he made one change and it took a outside request to do it, not his own skills as a DJ (I guess that's what he is), he's doing his job a satisfactory level?

What do you think our record would be this year if we had added Panic! At The Disco's High Hopes into our rotation?

8 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

What do you think our record would be this year if we had added Panic! At The Disco's High Hopes into our rotation?

Haha! In that case, probably much worse. I would prefer the status quo.

I am not advocating any specific songs, just different songs. Just airing grievances about aspects of the program that seem mediocre beyond the team itself, none of which would really garner much attention if the team were doing well.  I am just struggling to express my heartache over another disappointing season - a condition we all currently find ourselves in.

Edited by Cornhoopers

It appeared like we were heading down some really weird path where some were advocating for the removal of the PBA security, DJ, cheer squad, dance squad, etc.  I can have some fun with this and I guess if we are going full rebuild and scorched earth, someone should probably stick a large needle in Lil' Red so we can start over there as well.  I mean, he is never angry, even when we are losing, and that's just not a good look.  Did anyone see him hopping around, looking all happy, when Wisconsin was putting us away in the second half?  Unacceptable!  If we're completely cleaning house, my vote is to start with Lil' Red!!!!!!!!!!

The irony in all these conversations will be if the team turns around their season over the last 10 regular season games.  The effort last night gives me hope.  Lets not burn it down quite yet!

11 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

It appeared like we were heading down some really weird path where some were advocating for the removal of the PBA security, DJ, cheer squad, dance squad, etc.  I can have some fun with this and I guess if we are going full rebuild and scorched earth, someone should probably stick a large needle in Lil' Red so we can start over there as well.  I mean, he is never angry, even when we are losing, and that's just not a good look.  Did anyone see him hopping around, looking all happy, when Wisconsin was putting us away in the second half?  Unacceptable!  If we're completely cleaning house, my vote is to start with Lil' Red!!!!!!!!!!

The irony in all these conversations will be if the team turns around their season over the last 10 regular season games.  The effort last night gives me hope.  Lets not burn it down quite yet!

Do you ever see Lil' Red and Marc Boehm in the same room at the same time?  Just saying. 

As a person who works security at the arena, I can tell you I hate asking people to take off their hats and unzip their jackets as much as the next person, but those be the marching orders...

but if if we’re going full scorched earth I have one long standing request for....

BRING BACK OLD HERBIE YOU COWARDS!! New herbie creeps me out always does

If you guys wo u ld wear a hoodie. You wouldn't have to let t u email see under it. The security can't ask you to raise your hoodie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bobcat402 said:

As a person who works security at the arena, I can tell you I hate asking people to take off their hats and unzip their jackets as much as the next person, but those be the marching orders...

but if if we’re going full scorched earth I have one long standing request for....

BRING BACK OLD HERBIE YOU COWARDS!! New herbie creeps me out always does

My wife commented last night that she saw two people who entered the arena with one of those clear purses that just had their other purse inside it.  She said the purses that were inside the clear bag were big enough that they never would have let them in with those purses by themselves - but when they just stuck the same purse in the clear bag it was apparently OK.  What is the point of that?

Of course the clear purse thing has always been pretty stupid and mostly symbolic.  Same thing about looking into the purses really.   As the other poster indicated lots of people go in wearing coats that have far more pocket space than the purses they check (or the stocking cap you have to remove) - but no one ever searches coat pockets.  (Probably should not have mentioned that - now they will read this and decide they have to search everyone's pockets :)  )

1 minute ago, HuskerBB said:

My wife commented last night that she saw two people who entered the arena with one of those clear purses that just had their other purse inside it.  She said the purses that were inside the clear bag were big enough that they never would have let them in with those purses by themselves - but when they just stuck the same purse in the clear bag it was apparently OK.  What is the point of that?

Of course the clear purse thing has always been pretty stupid and mostly symbolic.  Same thing about looking into the purses really.   As the other poster indicated lots of people go in wearing coats that have far more pocket space than the purses they check (or the stocking cap you have to remove) - but no one ever searches coat pockets.  (Probably should not have mentioned that - now they will read this and decide they have to search everyone's pockets :) )

Some of the older staff don’t follow our policies very well...I’m usually security on the floor so i can’t correct it.