Wisconsin (14-6) vs. Nebraska (13-7) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, thrasher31 said:

The one bright spot in this game for me, Thor played very well. With Illinois running a smaller lineup also I wouldn't be surprised if Miles goes a 4 guard lineup next game with Thor in there. JPJ on Kipper Nichols. 

Tonight sucks. 

My question for Tim Miles would be: why in the world has Thor not been playing more?

Rebounding has been a huge issue and the dude comes in and pulls down 3 off reb and 10 total. Earlier in the season he wouldve been playing with some combination of the big 5 so he wouldnt be relied upon for scoring. But atleast he knows how to rebound. Big head scratcher for me.

15 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Not me.  As many on this site have, I've followed this program for 50+ years.  Don't feel, period.  I'm totally fricking numb at this point.

It hasn't been 50 for me but a strong 25 and I'm with you cip...I'm pretty numb to it all at this point. In order for me to maintain any level of sanity, it is a requirement. 

Edited by demone

I am dumbstruck.  I just found myself shaking my head when the buzzer sounded.  I cannot believe how poorly we shot the ball.  Man oh man oh man.  At one point we were 1 for 11 at the rim.  Goodness, how does that happen???

Loved Thor.  Tanner was fine.  Isaiah played well in the second half.  Tom had stretches.  But good lord, how do we shoot so flipping bad?  But hey, Happ was defended well.

Edited by Huskerpapa

Said it earlier, will say it again. If you have a high major college basketball team, in position to score with the ball literally next to the basket, and you fail to do that 15 times in a single game, that's not a problem with being outcoached, that's a problem with your players. At some point there has to be some sort of personal responsibility from them, no? A layup is a fairly basic skill and I guess I feel like should be an assumed given. If we make 7 of the 15 we missed tonight, we win. And as we know layups are in fact in these players' skill sets, since they made them in bunches earlier in the season, I don't think the problem is recruiting guys who can make easy buckets. When is it fair to call out the players who appear to lack the discipline to do the most basic thing in all of basketball?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, khoock said:

I am a young 23. So i can only claim being a fan (a real fan) for a 8-9 years.

26 here. Been a fan for 7 year(a real serious one for 3) I have no idea how some of you guys have done it for so long. Worst of all I saw the issues preseason. No depth, no bigs, no experience on the bench. Decided to look past it all for some reason 

1 hour ago, ladyhusker said:

Said it earlier, will say it again. If you have a high major college basketball team, in position to score with the ball literally next to the basket, and you fail to do that 15 times in a single game, that's not a problem with being outcoached, that's a problem with your players. At some point there has to be some sort of personal responsibility from them, no? A layup is a fairly basic skill and I guess I feel like should be an assumed given. If we make 7 of the 15 we missed tonight, we win. And as we know layups are in fact in these players' skill sets, since they made them in bunches earlier in the season, I don't think the problem is recruiting guys who can make easy buckets. When is it fair to call out the players who appear to lack the discipline to do the most basic thing in all of basketball? 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In year 7, it's on Miles to have the team coached up better than this. When you have multiple players over the course of multiple seasons unable to execute some of the most fundamental aspects of basketball, that isn't just players. That's evidence of a systemic lack of quality coaching. It's evidence that players aren't completely bought in.

A friend of mine has been friends with multiple players under Miles and he has said for years that players hate playing for Miles. It's easy to see that in performances like this, along with the rate that players transfer out of his program (especially players that start their careers at another school and then transfer to Nebraska, but then turn around and leave Nebraska again before exhausting their eligibility). 

11 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Those losses to Minnesota, Maryland, and Rutgers that seemed to be in line for an easy win really hurt us.

6-4 with a man down is much better than the 3-7 we're at now.

This x1000. There's a reason some of us were incredibly upset when we blew the Minnesota and Maryland games while others played it off like it was no big deal. Those games showed me and some others that there was some underlying problem with this team's ability to sustain success.

Edited by jason2486