Wisconsin (14-6) vs. Nebraska (13-7) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, B-town hoopsfan said:

Sure hope to see them play with some passion and fight tonight. Am I crazy to think tanner and Brady could combine for 15-20 boards in 30+ minutes of play? 

No, not crazy.  They will be playing more minutes.  The biggest thing will be if they can play smart.  Can't foul.

Edited by hskr4life

This is an extremely fascinating game for a lot of reasons.  Lost in all of the "fire Miles" and "who will be our next coach" talk is the fact that there is still a lot in front of this team this season.  I know its easy to assume that his team is going down the all too familiar path of having another season spiral down the toilet.  But, lets not forget that despite losing 5 of 7, this team is still ranked #17 in Kenpom and #24 in the NET rankings.  A win tonight, which is certainly not unrealistic, pushes us likely to around #15 in Kenpom and around 20th in the NET.  Win and we're likely being projected around a 6 or 7 seed in most brackets.  Despite a long history that points to the contrary and despite losing Copeland for the year, this can still be a special season.  Teams slump, players slump.  Teams lose star players all the time.  Lets see what fight and rally this team has in it before we completely bury the 2018-2019 season.  GBR!

Just now, Nebrasketball1979 said:

This is an extremely fascinating game for a lot of reasons.  Lost in all of the "fire Miles" and "who will be our next coach" talk is the fact that there is still a lot in front of this team this season.  I know its easy to assume that his team is going down the all too familiar path of having another season spiral down the toilet.  But, lets not forget that despite losing 5 of 7, this team is still ranked #17 in Kenpom and #24 in the NET rankings.  A win tonight, which is certainly not unrealistic, pushes us likely to around #15 in Kenpom and around 20th in the NET.  Win and we're likely being projected around a 6 or 7 seed in most brackets.  Despite a long history that points to the contrary and despite losing Copeland for the year, this can still be a special season.  Teams slump, players slump.  Teams lose star players all the time.  Lets see what fight and rally this team has in it before we completely bury the 2018-2019 season.  GBR!

Have a feeling we will be hanging out around the 8-10 seed range until we rattle off 2-3 wins in a row.  Go 2-0 this week and we could start talking 6-9 seed range again.  

Well, heading out the door and to the Vault.  I hope we have a good turn-out but I am a bit concerned with the onset of fan apathy.  We shall see.

I am not sure what to expect tonight.  I hope we play with passion and a sense of purpose.  I hope that we can bring in a victory.  I will be cheering hard, and I hope I will be joined by many.