Scouting Wisconsin

hhcmatt

2 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Fyi everyone, don't come to the game tonight if you're expecting it gets to the point where you boo or something. Come to cheer and support the team and coach, we owe Tim atleast that.

Inless things drastically changed since Saturday the boo birds will be out in the second half. Hopefully the students still show up tonight

What do you think of Khalil Iverson's defense?
This is an insightful question. There've been times when Iverson is the best individual defender on the team. He draws tough assignments from positions 1 through 4. UW is more of a team defense than individual, but his defense is his primary contribution to the team.

That being said, he is in danger of losing his playing time to Kobe King, because Iverson is a terrible shooter (highlight reel dunker, though). King is serviceable on D, but a much better shooter. There can be offensive issues when both Iverson and Happ - neither of which can shoot outside 5 feet - are on the court.

32 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Fyi everyone, don't come to the game tonight if you're expecting it gets to the point where you boo or something. Come to cheer and support the team and coach, we owe Tim atleast that.

I save all my boos for the refs.??  To paraphrase Herman Melville if Davison draws a charge today: He piled upon the ref's striped back the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it.

13 minutes ago, formerlybis said:

This is an insightful question. There've been times when Iverson is the best individual defender on the team. He draws tough assignments from positions 1 through 4. UW is more of a team defense than individual, but his defense is his primary contribution to the team.

That being said, he is in danger of losing his playing time to Kobe King, because Iverson is a terrible shooter (highlight reel dunker, though). King is serviceable on D, but a much better shooter. There can be offensive issues when both Iverson and Happ - neither of which can shoot outside 5 feet - are on the court.

Yup Iverson on that 0-30 3pt cold streak since 2017.  I ask because I would assume Iverson will draw Palmer though yup defense is a team effort. 

8 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I save all my boos for the refs.??  To paraphrase Herman Melville if Davison draws a charge today: He piled upon the ref's striped back the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it.

Excellent choice, you literary snob...:) 

I would've gone Khan: "From hell's heart, I stab at thee..." (urgle, croak)

• 1 month later...

Hello folks. Just bumping this thread for our game in a few minutes. Your team has really circled the wagons and I'd not be surprised to see your guys pull off another one.

The biggest difference for Bucky lately is the play of Iverson - he waited until the last month of his senior season, but he's turned into a primary offensive threat (in addition to his normally stellar defense). He and Happ have both had double doubles the last two games. The starting guards have struggled with their shooting, but Pritzl has been red hot - he just doesn't get many shots. Reuvers hasn't been that good offensively for a while, and is showing all sorts of tentativeness in even taking a shot.

The defense is up to #4 nationally, which has been the overwhelming key to the season as they struggle offensively - teams have figured out usable strategies to combat Happ (and not just hacking).

Have fun, folks.