5th starter with Cope out

jason2486

I hope Harris will be ready soon, too. While not a 4 or 5, we'll need more off the bench, and even if we don't make postseason, assuming the players stick around after the coaching change, it will be good to get Amir and Nana as much time as possible. (Caveat: I'm wallowing in self-pity right now, so the assumption Miles is gone and we won't make the postseason is just a reflection of my despair.)

Edited by jayschool

2 minutes ago, jayschool said:

I hope Harris will be ready soon, too. While not a 4 or 5, we'll need more depth off the bench, and even if we don't make postseason, assuming the players stick around after the coaching change, it will be good to get Amir and Nana as much time as possible.

Nana has been on the roster for a year and a half and has scored a total of 21 points in conference play.  He's 1 for his last 15 from 3 and that's his strong suit.  The jury is still out on whether he can do anything in the Big Ten.

I'm not intending to bash the kid here, because there's no shame in being not quite good enough to be a good major conference basketball player.

1 minute ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Nana has been on the roster for a year and a half and has scored a total of 21 points in conference play.  He's 1 for his last 15 from 3 and that's his strong suit.  The jury is still out on whether he can do anything in the Big Ten.

I'm not intending to bash the kid here, because there's no shame in being not quite good enough to be a good major conference basketball player.

Agree.  He's a major liability on both ends if he's not hitting threes.  

Just now, LK1 said:

Brady at the 5.  I think he can adjust to the speed and be able to switch on screens.  He can block shots too which would help our transition game from D to O.  

TM will never do it, but... 

I actually kinda like it. Start playing for the future. But, Miles has to play for now, unfortunately for us. 

23 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

I actually kinda like it. Start playing for the future. But, Miles has to play for now, unfortunately for us. 

Sort of that, but I honestly think BH is a better fit on both ends of the court for what TM wants.  With enough time on the court, he could be giving us decent production this season in a few games.  

43 minutes ago, jayschool said:

I hope Harris will be ready soon, too. While not a 4 or 5, we'll need more off the bench, and even if we don't make postseason, assuming the players stick around after the coaching change, it will be good to get Amir and Nana as much time as possible. (Caveat: I'm wallowing in self-pity right now, so the assumption Miles is gone and we won't make the postseason is just a reflection of my despair.)

With Cope out, this is an awfully good assumption. We really can't replace his production with what we have. 

That was the one thing this team could not afford: a major injury to its Big 4. 

The gods have passed judgment. 

27 minutes ago, colhusker said:

This is the position you put yourself in building no depth.  I understand the two bigs leaving led to some of this but.

Not much could be done about this, though. Losing Morrow, MJ and Jordy was not a small deal at the time. It's even worse in retrospect. 

2 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Nana needs to not be in the main rotation. I would rather Harris be the key off the bench - create havoc with defense, make it tough on the other team, and then maybe drive to the basket occasionally or get an offensive rebound.  Nana seems to be in wrong position on D, then stand around on offense.  He is not part of solution.