Copeland

bigred4

11 minutes ago, khoock said:

Jordy did what he did bc Miles allowed him to quit mid seasom AND then come back. Whatd you expect was gonna happen in the offseason?

You talk to him at the end of the season and find out if he's in or not and don't assume he's lying to you?

59 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

You talk to him at the end of the season and find out if he's in or not and don't assume he's lying to you?

Nope and no one else on did this board did either. But I definitely remember there being an uneasy feeling in general towards Jordy and his commitment to the team. If we could sense it from so far outside the program it had to have been on Miles' radar as well. 

Look, im a big Miles supporter and want him to succeed just as much as anyone. But we are in this situation bc of his roster mismanagement. Hopefully they can rally but all the dealings of a program ultimately fall on the head coach.

As far the original comment i quoted. I just dont see the point of bringing up their names. When they left, it was good riddance to em we need players who are all N we have upgrades to replace you with blah blah blah. But now that WE need them  its a wow i hope they feel good about the situation they left us in pity vibe. I just think thats a very selfish mindset to have. Now if my comments  dont apply to you than they don't apply to you. If they do then ?

Edited by khoock

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Nope and no one else on did this board did either. But I definitely remember there being an uneasy feeling in general towards Jordy and his commitment to the team. If we could sense it from so far outside the program it had to have been on Miles' radar as well. 

Look, im a big Miles supporter and want him to succeed just as much as anyone. But we are in this situation bc of his roster mismanagement. Hopefully they can rally but all the dealings of a program ultimately fall on the head coach.

Seems a little revisionist...the "uneasy feeling" was on the board here, but the team reportedly welcomed him back with open arms, after a locker room "heartfelt speech" (I actually went back and looked at the board and the articles published at the time). I would also think that there was some conversation between Miles and Jordy both at the time of allowing him back AND at the end of the season about his commitment to the team -- thus we didn't even try to recruit a big to be a possible Jordy replacement during the time that it would have been possible, in the event that he decided to leave...and once we cleared April and May, that news is pretty much wrapped up if it's going to happen anyway. Isn't it just as plausible that we are in this situation (playing a 6-8 superathlete who struggles to post up to bigger dudes at the center position, backed up by a former walk-on who has turned out to be fairly decent in stretches and a true freshman toothpick) because a selfish, weak-minded kid decided to listen to the wrong voices, go back on his word to his coach, and take a very visible dump on his team?

Bringing up Ed right now -- whatever. Maybe he could help, maybe not, I don't really care. But I think our roster this year is VERY much affected by Jordy, it's appropriate to bring him up at this point, and I don't think it falls on Miles at all.