Copeland

bigred4

19 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Do the guys rally around the Cope injury or pack it in?

Hard to rally when one of your best players is gone. You can have the heart and want-to but just lack the talent to do so. Happened with Creighton the past 2 years as my friends are consistently reminding me currently. 

35 minutes ago, tcp said:

With everyone else on this one. Horrible news for Cope and the team. 

Just wish him a full recovery and hope he can play again as a professional somewhere. 

One of the worst weeks for NU hoops in awhile. 

Sometimes the universe just farts on you. 

This is a shart ... after a night involving a case of Keystone Light.

6 hours ago, tcp said:

With everyone else on this one. Horrible news for Cope and the team. 

Just wish him a full recovery and hope he can play again as a professional somewhere. 

One of the worst weeks for NU hoops in awhile. 

Sometimes the universe just farts on you. 

Since the late 1800s

On 1/26/2019 at 5:58 PM, hskr4life said:

Do the guys rally around the Cope injury or pack it in?

Rallying is the only option. We still have pieces on this team that can get it done. Everyone has to step it up a notch. Whoever starts, Nana, Tanner, etc. will have to rise to the occasion. I think they can use this as fuel to play harder tomorrow night at least and lets see if we can get the W. Not giving up on these guys yet. Lets Go!!!!!

7 hours ago, burgundy95 said:

Rallying is the only option. We still have pieces on this team that can get it done. Everyone has to step it up a notch. Whoever starts, Nana, Tanner, etc. will have to rise to the occasion. I think they can use this as fuel to play harder tomorrow night at least and lets see if we can get the W. Not giving up on these guys yet. Lets Go!!!!!

Probably need to make it two or three at least for some.  But I'm with the spirit of the post.

Edited by mwm89

On 1/26/2019 at 6:09 PM, TimSmiles said:

also hopefully jordy feels good about leaving a team where he'd now be a starter. same with ed morrow who is playing 14 mpg at marquette.

Kind of selfish of you to expect them to be okay with riding the bench and seeing backup minutes just incase a season ending injury happens, just so you can have a better experience as a fan.

These players only get 4-5 years to showcase their talents and maximize playing time. Cant really fault them for their decisions imo.

Edited by khoock

Kind of selfish of you to expect them to be okay with riding the bench and seeing backup minutes just incase a season ending injury happens, just so you can have a better experience as a fan.

These players only get 4-5 years to showcase their talents and maximize playing time. Cant really fault them for their decisions imo.
Ed is whatever. Square peg, round hole, wanting to shoot threes, blah blah blah. But Jordy, I have no problem being HIGHLY critical of when it comes to his choices. This was the guy who, despite getting more minutes than his play probably deserved at the time, left his team high and dry midseason, apparently realized what a terrible choice that was, and was actually welcomed back...only to turn around and crap all over them again, leaving a 6-11 hole in our roster (which has now been exploited pretty well) too late to really find much of a serviceable replacement. Had he left in April or May it's one thing, but he left in late July. I'm not saying he's some amazingly skilled center (he had his moments, though) but if literally nothing else he was a big body with five fouls to give who people at least had to dribble around, and that's something we have desperately needed as of late. Had he actually spent the summer working to improve instead of listening to his handler brother and chasing greener grass, I do wonder sometimes what we would have this year. But instead he quit on his team AGAIN, in astonishingly poor timing AGAIN. If you want selfish, look no further.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk