Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

7 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I agree. I'm in no way trying to suggest that anyone who wants Miles fired is low character and I'm really not directing this to anyone on this board.1  But I've seen other comments on other boards where people aren't satisfied simply going a different direction; I'm seeing (and have been seeing for some time now) people just being mean-spirited about their wish to have Miles fired and humiliated on his way out the door, as though he deliberately failed here, thereby causing our fans some sort of personal harm.  Those people can't give Miles credit for what he has done, and one of those things is he's still fighting to get as many more Ws for the kids and the fans as he can before he's gone.  That says a lot for him no matter whether he should be let go or retained.  And I'm not expressing an opinion on that one way or the other.

1  With one or two minor exceptions.

I can't upvote this enough, Norm.  For far too many it has become 'Personal'.  It seems like a lot of posters (on other boards I've seen) have painted themselves so far into corners that they can't or won't retreat because it would cause them too much loss of pride.

Speaking of other boards, here's a quote I saw:

We better hurry up and fire Miles now before he wins another game. :Biggrin:

8 minutes ago, bb33ch said:

Oregon just extended Altman through 2026. Any pipe dream of him coming here can officially die.

To much of my surprise, Altman really hasn't been discussed on here for the past 3-4 weeks.

But this may mean that he was in contact with other schools (maybe us?) and Oregon wanted to keep him around. These coaching extension announcements don't usually happen this quickly.

3 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

I upvoted this post, even though I'm on the opposite side of the "should we retain Tim Miles" debate. 

He has been pure class the entire time he's been here -- great spokesperson for the program, no scandals, kids are graduating, etc.  It says a lot about him and every member of his staff that they are still working as hard now as they were in November.

Ultimately, coaches are judged by wins and losses.  He's been a .500 coach throughout his time here, and 7 seasons is a pretty large sample size.  We know what to expect from a Tim Miles team.  But even though I long for greener pastures and hope that the next coach will be our version of Coach K, I still have the utmost respect for Tim Miles as a person.  He absolutely runs a program with integrity and leads by example. 

I will always root for him.........unless he gets a job at Creighton with his pal McDermott, in which case screw that f****er!

Example of why this is the best board out there 

29 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

To much of my surprise, Altman really hasn't been discussed on here for the past 3-4 weeks.

But this may mean that he was in contact with other schools (maybe us?) and Oregon wanted to keep him around. These coaching extension announcements don't usually happen this quickly.

Definitely interesting timing, for sure. I wouldn’t think he would want to talk to many other schools besides us. 

1 hour ago, bb33ch said:

Oregon just extended Altman through 2026. Any pipe dream of him coming here can officially die.

image.png

As many have said, the timing of Altman's extension was very strange.  You don't rush to do this in the middle of a conference tournament unless their are extenuating factors.  They certainly could have been working on this during the season but why not wait a day to announce this after they get bounced from the Pac 12 tournament?  Usually, where there is smoke, there is fire.

Welp, I think we can take Turgeon off the list too. Altman (who I never wanted anyway) is out. Ernie Kent now available. Pat Chambers will be at Penn State until he completes his twenty year plan. I think our options are narrowing into two choices now: 1. Extend Miles contract four years or 2. Hire someone who can demonstrably do better. Unless Hoiberg, Self, or Pitino walks through the door, take hard tumbles, and pop back up still smiling,  I will opt for door # 1 and see what Green,Roby,etc. can do next year. Just wanted to get this down before today's game regardless of the outcome.

9 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Your agent being good at his job is a factor

Now to figure out who on here is the agent or if the agent has a mole planted here. Heck who knows maybe Dana is a member and they got tired of reading 60+ pages about it?

52 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Welp, I think we can take Turgeon off the list too. Altman (who I never wanted anyway) is out. Ernie Kent now available. Pat Chambers will be at Penn State until he completes his twenty year plan. I think our options are narrowing into two choices now: 1. Extend Miles contract four years or 2. Hire someone who can demonstrably do better. Unless Hoiberg, Self, or Pitino walks through the door, take hard tumbles, and pop back up still smiling,  I will opt for door # 1 and see what Green,Roby,etc. can do next year. Just wanted to get this down before today's game regardless of the outcome.

If it's option #1, then that extension has to be more than 1-2 years.