Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

2 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:
11 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

@hhcmatt

Is there a way to autocorrect "Altman," "Hoiberg," or "Lue" to "Not happening" in this thread?

The last two, yes. The first one seems like a long shot but not completely crazy.

Okay okay... @hhcmatt can you autocorrect "Hoiberg" and "Lue" to "Not happening" and autocorrect "Altman" to "I personally don't think we should even consider him, but 'The first one seems like a long shot but not completely crazy'"?

All good, @HuskerActuary?

:lol:

10 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Okay okay... @hhcmatt can you autocorrect "Hoiberg" and "Lue" to "Not happening" and autocorrect "Altman" to "I personally don't think we should even consider him, but 'The first one seems like a long shot but not completely crazy'"?

All good, @HuskerActuary?

:lol:

Curious why we shouldn't even consider a coach who has been to a final 4 and an elite 8 in the last 4 years and grew up 15 mins from Lincoln?

If..When?...Miles gets fired. Someone that has a track record of winning in a big conference is needed. No more expecting someone whose never done it before, to somehow figure it out on the fly at Nebraska. Miles won 45% of his total games, and 36% of his conf games at CSU. He made 1 NCAA tournament and didn't win a game.

Need to look at guys like Matta or Hoiberg. There will be more guys like that when the season is over. Look at Rick Barnes at Tennessee, good history at Texas, his time got stale, change of scenery, Tennessee now #1 in the country. 

19 minutes ago, bigred4 said:

Curious why we shouldn't even consider a coach who has been to a final 4 and an elite 8 in the last 4 years and grew up 15 mins from Lincoln?

With his mismanagement of sexual misconduct of players and his rumored involvement in pay-for-play, it makes it hard for me to get behind that.

6 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

If..When?...Miles gets fired. Someone that has a track record of winning in a big conference is needed. No more expecting someone whose never done it before, to somehow figure it out on the fly at Nebraska. Miles won 45% of his total games, and 36% of his conf games at CSU. He made 1 NCAA tournament and didn't win a game.

Need to look at guys like Matta or Hoiberg. There will be more guys like that when the season is over. Look at Rick Barnes at Tennessee, good history at Texas, his time got stale, change of scenery, Tennessee now #1 in the country. 

Yeah, I think it'll be put up or shut up time for hoops. They're going to have to pay to raid someone with an actual record of high end success. But I still insist it's someone that did it clean. It'll be hard to hire an active coach, though, especially someone already winning where they're at. We have to be seen as a career graveyard at this point by any agent for a coach. I honestly don't know how best to proceed. 

5 minutes ago, tcp said:

Yeah, I think it'll be put up or shut up time for hoops. They're going to have to pay to raid someone with an actual record of high end success. But I still insist it's someone that did it clean. It'll be hard to hire an active coach, though, especially someone already winning where they're at. We have to be seen as a career graveyard at this point by any agent for a coach. I honestly don't know how best to proceed. 

Yeah off the top of my head....Matta, Hoiberg, Mike Anderson, Mike White (Florida fans getting restless)....just trying to think of guys who have been to an elite 8 that would potentially come here. 

T.j. Otzelberger from South Dakota state. Was top assistant at Iowa state for McDermott then hoiberg from 06-13. Responsible for recruiting a lot of their good players during that time and has had good success so far at SDSU so far.

played at Wisconsin whitewater and is only 41 years old. Just signed an extension but only making like 400,000 this year

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Eddie Jordan was one of the greatest players in Rutgers history.  He coached in the NBA. They rolled him out in Rutgers and now he's  just another guy that Rutgers fired after 3 years.  If people care about Tyronn Lue, would they take the time to consider how a coach with no recruiting experience would probably fare here and why they would want to wish this on one of the best players to play here?

Already one today.