Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

2 hours ago, KZRider said:

I would say this is true on both counts. He did get us some good players. For example, getting Maric to return, Ryan Anderson, Brandon Ubel and Lance Jeter among them. But remember, too, players like Shang Ping, Andre Almeida, Jorge Brian Diaz and Christian Standhardinger? There is a reason one of our best teams under Doc were known as the Mighty Mites! Not saying it wasn't fun but it isn't a formula for consistent winning as a D1 school.

Doc was an average-at-best recruiter. Of course, Mable Lee Hall was his practice facility. Spinelli got most of his good recruits. 

Ge was fantastic at defensive scheming. I would LOVE to have him back for that. 

7 hours ago, royalfan said:

In regards to Hoiberg, what makes him such an exciting hire to most people here?  I am not saying I wouldn't want him at all.  I possibly just don't see it as quite the home run that others do.  I did just look at his 5 year run at Iowa St.  It was extremely impressive.   Would he be good with player development?  I would think we would get more shooting here than in a long while(not saying much).  Just interested in thoughts from others on why this would be the right guy.  

Only the right hire if he brings along a good staff, we need to make sure we support the team with $$

4 hours ago, KZRider said:

I would say this is true on both counts. He did get us some good players. For example, getting Maric to return, Ryan Anderson, Brandon Ubel and Lance Jeter among them. But remember, too, players like Shang Ping, Andre Almeida, Jorge Brian Diaz and Christian Standhardinger? There is a reason one of our best teams under Doc were known as the Mighty Mites! Not saying it wasn't fun but it isn't a formula for consistent winning as a D1 school.

You had some players listed corrected but I feel you have some misses on Doc's misses. Standhardinger's issues wasn't his talent but between the ears. He ended up averaging 18 ppg at Hawaii. Diaz had bad feet, didn't dunk and played with little emotion but the guy could play. Both of them are playing basketball for a living.

3 hours ago, nebrasketball10 said:

Doc was an average-at-best recruiter. Of course, Mable Lee Hall was his practice facility. Spinelli got most of his good recruits. 

Ge was fantastic at defensive scheming. I would LOVE to have him back for that. 

Spinelli was an assistant for Barry Collier.

3 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I remember that game against KState when that tool Beasly was talking about "Going for like 50" and was promptly shut down ?

Beasley said he'd "go for 50" when, in fact, he got 17. And promptly lost.

That KSU team made it to Omaha in the Big Dance return to Nebraska in '08 to play USC & O.J. Mayo.

20 hours ago, royalfan said:

After reading up on Hoiberg's tactics I am much more comfortable with him.  I can see the efficiency numbers.  Why they got those high numbers is what I like.   He despises long two point shots almost as much as I do.  His defenses try to funnel those types of shots for opponents.  Doesn't play an overly aggressive brand of defense.  His defenses are designed to be able to rebound missed shots well however and avoid penetration.  This almost has to result in a little more three point shooting being allowed than I would prefer.  However, as big as he is on analytics, maybe not.  

Do you have a link? I've tried different google searches and couldn't find anything.

19 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Quote about Saddler being fired

That was based on several weeks ago before the season's finish.   But last year he more or less got the same extension Miles did after not getting one the year before.  The same implications were there for him as they were here for Miles.  He also makes $350,000 a year.  He will make more on the bench here.

Edited by Ruck Me Funning

I have refrained from discussing possibilities until seasons end but the end is here. There is a new Risky Roadz Podcast that wraps up the end of the season and looks forward to the next. Already available so if you're on a bit of the hype train we got your back, if you still like Miles we have that too, if you want a season recap its all there. 

https://api.spreaker.com/v2/episodes/17427691/download.mp3

9 minutes ago, Jbwest31 said:

I’ve heard his name floated around as a possible hire. Do you think we could steal him from Maryland? 

This is because his father lives in Lincoln. Considering how little the buyout is on the coach's side of things Maryland doesn't really seem to care if that would happen.