Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

27 minutes ago, MilesDavis said:

Is it though? Unless he's taking them to the Elite 8 every year, they wont' be happy.

All he has to do here is go to the tournament consistently, maybe even win a game.

I disagree. Yes UCLA has higher expectations, but deservedly so. They're a blue blood and can at the very least be in the discussion for multiple 5 star recruits every single year. And the PAC 12 has been awful as of late. You should absolutely be expected to win there consistently as a head coach.

2 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

I disagree. Yes UCLA has higher expectations, but deservedly so. They're a blue blood and can at the very least be in the discussion for multiple 5 star recruits every single year. And the PAC 12 has been awful as of late. You should absolutely be expected to win there consistently as a head coach.

PAC 12 awful?  WHAT!??!?!  You have apparently not been listening to Bill Walton say "Conference of Champions" every other sentence in the last week.   LOL

2 minutes ago, rr52 said:

Please let Hoiberg be named coach so that everyone can shove crow in my face. Don't want to search up post in which I said "Hoiberg has no interest in Husker job per family member".

The venom will be bitter but I will accept the consequence.

I don't think anyone would shove crow back in your face with that quote.  Now, if you came here and acted all cocky like your statements are gospel, well, that's a different story!  HA!

1 minute ago, Klas3131 said:

I don't think anyone would shove crow back in your face with that quote.  Now, if you came here and acted all cocky like your statements are gospel, well, that's a different story!  HA!

Guessing I would catch some slack for putting Heinz 57 on it to get it down.

Just now, colhusker said:

Was one of Doc's draw backs his poor recruiting?  If he comes back as an assistant it must be due to X's and O's

He's already been an assistant for Fred at Iowa State so I'm assuming whatever role he had there it'd be the exact same thing in Lincoln. I don't know how much he was involved in recruiting at Iowa State but I'd think it wasn't much.  

Just now, OmahaHusker said:

He's already been an assistant for Fred at Iowa State so I'm assuming whatever role he had there it'd be the exact same thing in Lincoln. I don't know how much he was involved in recruiting at Iowa State but I'd think it wasn't much.  

He wasn't involved in recruiting but had a major role in X's and 0's. Was a big part of what they did in the year he was there. Fred was a big fan

9 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

He wasn't involved in recruiting but had a major role in X's and 0's. Was a big part of what they did in the year he was there. Fred was a big fan

If I remember correctly, Doc was brought it exactly as HoiBall states - to do X's and O's, specifically for defense.  Fred is AWESOME at offensive basketball, but there was not a lot of defense played those 1st couple of years.  However, Fred could see he needed better defense, so he brought in Doc.  Defense was MUCH improved that season, while still having great offense.  At least that's how I remember it.

Guys, if Hoiberg comes here, it's a game winning, grand slam home run in the bottom of the 9th in Game 7 of the World Series down by 3 runs.....

Edited by Klas3131
typo

14 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Would be okay with that, just would need a couple others on the bench that recruit like hell.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

If Southern Miss fires Doc Sadler this year, they'd be making a huge mistake.  He inherited a lot bigger mess from cheater Donnie Tyndall than most people realize.  They're still under scholarship limits until '20-21.  Doc's program has shown improvement every season. And he's done it clean. This year, they reached 20 wins and finished 2nd in their conference and they're on their way to the CBI. Why in the actual heck would Southern Miss let Doc go?

Doc makes $350,000 at southern miss. So....,,,

8 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Was one of Doc's draw backs his poor recruiting?  If he comes back as an assistant it must be due to X's and O's

I would say this is true on both counts. He did get us some good players. For example, getting Maric to return, Ryan Anderson, Brandon Ubel and Lance Jeter among them. But remember, too, players like Shang Ping, Andre Almeida, Jorge Brian Diaz and Christian Standhardinger? There is a reason one of our best teams under Doc were known as the Mighty Mites! Not saying it wasn't fun but it isn't a formula for consistent winning as a D1 school.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

If Southern Miss fires Doc Sadler this year, they'd be making a huge mistake.  He inherited a lot bigger mess from cheater Donnie Tyndall than most people realize.  They're still under scholarship limits until '20-21.  Doc's program has shown improvement every season. And he's done it clean. This year, they reached 20 wins and finished 2nd in their conference and they're on their way to the CBI. Why in the actual heck would Southern Miss let Doc go?

Southern Miss is going to the CBI so doubtful you do that and then fire him. He would need to pull a Molinari and quit.

33 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Yeah, I don't think I'd be on board going the 300 lb. Brazilian route again. 

3 hours ago, HoiBall said:

His assistants sure can

Exactly. Puts a little more dependence on keeping those assistants happy or finding suitable replacements when they leave.

That's why I'm curious to see how the contract shakes up. Not for the next coach, but for the rest of the staff. The administration did make some bigger strides with Miles' staff compared to the rest of Nebrasketball history.