Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

25 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

And for comedic value

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/hoiberg-to-huskers.246910/page-6

Never understood how people from Ames can talk trash about Lincoln.

Who are these village idiots? Ames seems like the pimple on Iowa's butt. And lolowa. hahaaha

Edited by AuroranHusker

4 hours ago, HoiBall said:

Didn't know this was a forum for one line of thinking and the only credible people on here are the ones that spend every waking hour for the last 20 years. Seems foolish to just dismiss someone because they aren't a "regular" poster. If you don't believe what you hear just ignore and move on as you seem to be able to peg the credibility over a computer screen.

To be clear...it is not having 10,000 posts or being a founding member that makes information credible...the point was that those who have been around for that long have seen what you are saying and how you are saying it before, and RARELY has it been accurate, so there will be skepticism.

I don't recall any of our inside info guys having Sadler or Miles in the previous go-rounds, but maybe this time is different, we shall see. 

1 hour ago, hhcscott said:

To be clear...it is not having 10,000 posts or being a founding member that makes information credible...the point was that those who have been around for that long have seen what you are saying and how you are saying it before, and RARELY has it been accurate, so there will be skepticism.

I don't recall any of our inside info guys having Sadler or Miles in the previous go-rounds, but maybe this time is different, we shall see. 

I think some had pegged Tim Miles but I do not recall Kenneth "Doc" Sadler being on a 'list.'

4 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I think some had pegged Tim Miles but I do not recall Kenneth "Doc" Sadler being on a 'list.'

To be fair Doc’s hiring was not typical. Collier was not fired but took the Butler AD position not long before fall classes started. Pederson had few choices and needed to move quickly. I am not sure whether a better candidate was even available. 

8 hours ago, hhcscott said:

I didn't have any info on Sadler and Miles because my info is not coming from Nebraska. It's from the industry and connections at another school that knows Fred very well.

8 hours ago, hhcscott said:

Back when Miles was in his first couple of years here, there was someone who joined the board who claimed to have some sort of connection, like a friend of Miles' family from South Dakota or something, who claimed to know that Miles was interested in various potential job openings and expected people around here to sort of kiss his ass about all the hot, inside info he could potentially provide.

No one bit on the invitation (so to speak.)  The guy got all huffy about the fact he wasn't being treated like the hotshot he expected to be treated like, and he disappeared.

I don't think anyone misses him.  Or his inside scoops.

4 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

I didn't have any info on Sadler and Miles because my info is not coming from Nebraska. It's from the industry and connections at another school that knows Fred very well.

I think you missed the point.  The point is that your information may or may not be credible.  We’ve all seen this before.  After Doc got fired we had like 4 different cosched that were done deals.  None named Tim Miles.  Last year we had the band lined up and were getting ready to fly to Dayton before the selection show.  The further away from the source, the more information gets twisted.  Even in just the slightest.

None of us on here are saying you’re wrong.  We’re saying to sit back, relax, let the process play out, and then receive praises when you’re right.

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Back when Miles was in his first couple of years here, there was someone who joined the board who claimed to have some sort of connection, like a friend of Miles' family from South Dakota or something, who claimed to know that Miles was interested in various potential job openings and expected people around here to sort of kiss his ass about all the hot, inside info he could potentially provide.

No one bit on the invitation (so to speak.)  The guy got all huffy about the fact he wasn't being treated like the hotshot he expected to be treated like, and he disappeared.

I don't think anyone misses him.  Or his inside scoops.

Yet the "great" Norm continues to talk crap about me several years later.  Yes I'm still friends with Tim's family.  I also know what's been told to Tim through the season and I know what they have been told as of Saturday.  I usually just sit here and laugh at your dumb ass and all of your conjecture.    

Ruck, thanks for saving me the trouble of trying to look up who you were.

By the way, Ruck, you're either NOT the guy I'm talking about OR you've deleted a number of your prior posts.

Thanks for also reminding us why we didn't miss you when you ran away all those years ago.

Edited by Norm Peterson

No problem. 

Didn't run off. Just didn't feel the need to continually take crap from people who like to kick any type of new comer around. I've watched it happen more than once from you old timers and that's fine. Its how you choose to run the place. So its easier to just read and not comment on the status of thing I may or may not know.

Edited by Ruck Me Funning

14 minutes ago, Ruck Me Funning said:

Yet the "great" Norm continues to talk crap about me several years later.  Yes I'm still friends with Tim's family.  I also know what's been told to Tim through the season and I know what they have been told as of Saturday.  I usually just sit here and laugh at your dumb ass and all of your conjecture.    

Damn Norm now you have to change your name on here to the Great Norm Peterson.

14 minutes ago, Ruck Me Funning said:

Holy crap man.  That was quick.  Have you just been lurking on this board the past 4 -5 years waiting on this to happen?  This your “One Shining Moment?”

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Holy crap man.  That was quick.  Have you just been lurking on this board the past 4 -5 years waiting on this to happen?  This your “One Shining Moment?”

Its actually happened once before.  It actually was from a different user name I got locked out of.  I stop by about once or twice a week and read hoops news, mostly on recruiting as its hard to get and this place does a pretty good job of it. There are many good sources of information here including Norm from time to time. 

1 hour ago, Ruck Me Funning said:

Its actually happened once before.  It actually was from a different user name I got locked out of.  I stop by about once or twice a week and read hoops news, mostly on recruiting as its hard to get and this place does a pretty good job of it. There are many good sources of information here including Norm from time to time. 

Ruck I don't always agree with what Norm says or most any other poster here.  I do try when I disagree (doesn't always happen) to not down vote them or get into a childish name calling game for their view (unless it just really warrants it) but to explain my view in a civil manner. I think the thing that gets newbies on here in trouble is when they come in with the I know something and when questioned on it (as was pointed out it has happened many times over the years) and they get their undies in a bunch and tell others they are wrong.  I don't know if you know Tim or a good friend of his.  Guessing what got folks on here riled up was the response given when they asked how you knew or questioned what was said.  I would prefer you not lurk but post.  

Edited by colhusker

35 minutes ago, Ruck Me Funning said:

No problem. 

Didn't run off. Just didn't feel the need to continually take crap from people who like to kick any type of new comer around. I've watched it happen more than once from you old timers and that's fine. Its how you choose to run the place. So its easier to just read and not comment on the status of thing I may or may not know.

Well.  As already been hashed out in this thread... if you have something, say it.  Don’t disappear.  If you’re right we’ll praise you and if you’re wrong, you can answer for it.  But unless you tell the board your entire story, you’re always going to get questioned.