Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

56 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Maybe you do know people who know things. But to me, it feels like you state everything as fact and refute everyone else's opinions out of hand without acknowledging that other posters also might know people who know things. In which case, I can come up with three explanations:

1. You truly do know people who know things. Why spend so much time arguing with everyone on the board? Just wait for the facts to become public knowledge, come back, tell everyone told you so, and then watch as people take your insight more seriously next time.
  2. You know people who think they know things. They may or may not be right, but again we'll find out eventually and you can double down on your stances for as long as you like. It sucks to be lead astray and have to eat crow; I'd guess most people on the board could empathize with that.
  3. You don't actually know people who know things. Are you just making stuff up for the attention? Are you trying to manifest things into existence by putting out that energy into the universe? Again, totally your prerogative - many people don't have the time or patience to give that energy to you. 

Regardless, it seems somewhat juvenile to say "I have the best ball, lot's of people are telling me it's the best, and everyone should want to play with it." But then if people are trying to argue about which ball is better, you come back and say "I'm not willing to debate which ball is best, so I'm just going to take my ball and go home."

As Jim Rome would say on his radio program, "RACK HIM!" (now, any other connotation to a racking isn't advisable.)

1 minute ago, TimSmiles said:

so confused. what upside is there in moos waiting this long? we need to start recruiting a big man immediately. if roby leaves, brady is our only player over 6'6

Brady is currently a stick-figure of a big man. I know, not helping the situation.

Please let NU have a good draw -- AT HOME! I want more Nebrasketball !!!!!!

16 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

so confused. what upside is there in moos waiting this long? we need to start recruiting a big man immediately. if roby leaves, brady is our only player over 6'6

So you want to limit the search to coaches not currently with a job or whose team is not still playing ?

25 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

This is a very excellent point. The PROGRAM cannot afford to wait for the NIT to play out. If Moos is going to retain Miles, he needs to announce that forthwith so that Miles can continue recruiting efforts. Who is going to listen to an offer from a lame duck coach? Nobody, that's who.

If Moos is going to can Miles (in which event he hopefully has a replacement already lined up) THAT GUY is going to need to be installed quickly so that HE can get busy on the recruiting trail -- including re-recruiting the guys Miles signed last fall.

This is fish-or-cut-bait time.  Time is of the essence. Moos needs to show some decisive leadership and make the call one way or the other.

52 minutes ago, HB said:

Most people who know stuff don't feel the need to toot their own horn all the time .  Just an annoying little fellow throwing obvious stuff at the hall, and then if some of it sticks you'll take credit. 

Sounds like a personal problem to me. You have the option to ignore what I say, but not sure I've tooted any horns. Also seems that people come to a place like this to learn about things they otherwise wouldn't. Didn't know this was a forum for one line of thinking and the only credible people on here are the ones that spend every waking hour for the last 20 years. Seems foolish to just dismiss someone because they aren't a "regular" poster. If you don't believe what you hear just ignore and move on as you seem to be able to peg the credibility over a computer screen. I just gave info that was not being talked about. Throwing it at the wall to see if it sticks doesn't fit here as I've really only given what I know and have only really give one piece of info.

37 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

well we're not getting anyone until miles is actually let go

Yeah, no AD in the history of sports has ever reached out to a coach's agent prior to officially announcing a termination.  

Man, everyone is panicking 

Edited by HB

1 minute ago, HB said:

Yeah, no AD in the history of sports has ever reached out to a coach's agent prior t officially announcing a termination.  

Man, everyone is panicking 

It's actually crazy if people believe that no one is contacted until the coach is officially let go. Laughable actually

15 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Sounds like a personal problem to me. You have the option to ignore what I say, but not sure I've tooted any horns. Also seems that people come to a place like this to learn about things they otherwise wouldn't. Didn't know this was a forum for one line of thinking and the only credible people on here are the ones that spend every waking hour for the last 20 years. Seems foolish to just dismiss someone because they aren't a "regular" poster. If you don't believe what you hear just ignore and move on as you seem to be able to peg the credibility over a computer screen. I just gave info that was not being talked about. Throwing it at the wall to see if it sticks doesn't fit here as I've really only given what I know and have only really give one piece of info.

Dude, lighten up some.

Don't play the wahhhhh card.. Say what you want let it simmer and then tell all of us to "Suck It" and if it is wrong come on here and say sorry I was wrong.

If you had been on here longer you would know we aren't the typical message we are kind of more mellow and try to let things go, but we also like to be respectful.

And lastly maybe take your own advice and don't read everybody's thread.

23 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

It's actually crazy if people believe that no one is contacted until the coach is officially let go. Laughable actually

nobody thinks that... unless moos just flat out isn't doing his job.

but it makes no sense to let miles coach the NIT if there's no chance of him coming back. that'd mean he could potentially remain coach for another 23 days if we make the NIT final.

like i said earlier, we need to start recruiting asap for next year asap if we want any chance of being competitive.

Edited by TimSmiles

There is a thread on the Cyclone site that has to do with Fred.  A lot of debate as to where he is heading.  A lot of speculation.  A lot of expert sources.  I got a kick out of one unnamed source that said Fred was actually in contact with our current signee's in the event he hooks up with the Huskers.  Man, there sure a lot of people that have great sources...huh.

2 hours ago, hhcscott said:

A long time ago, I used to watch every game and soak up every word the talking heads said, every point, all the analysis, all their expert opinions, all their insider insights, all their unnamed sources. Then the play, the game, the season, the career would happen and even if that talking head knew all the right people, all the right tactical and strategic details, even if they were the best informed SOB (scholar of basketball) they had (charitably) a 25% chance of being right.

So I now understand that "knowing" and "actually happening" are not the same thing. If you see someone on this board with 10,000 posts (or HHC in their screen name) understand that we have listened to 20,000 posts from guys who "know a guy" or "saw the next coach at Valentino's" or "have the inside dirt" 

Charitably, <5% of those have been right, so it's not personal. If you KNOW and want to share, great, when your prediction comes to pass, you will be vindicated  but if you want to stifle disagreement by citing your unnamed sources then the bulletin board world isn't your best platform and you should start a blog. 

Well I did talk briefly with Danny Nee at Chucky Cheeses one night and learned absolutely nothing other than he was having as much fun there as I was.

21 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

It you have hoiberg locked up than who cares let the NIT play out. If you don't who cares, your coach is coaching in the tourney so you have to wait. Zero reason to let miles go right now. 

If this is the case there will definitely be a OWH graphic novel about this whole ordeal.

1 hour ago, HoiBall said:

I know people at least as close to Fred as you do who said he wasn't interested in the job but that was months ago and things can change.  Your problem is that you say you know and all you have is trust me, and get pissed when people question you.  I don't doubt you have been told things by people you trust, and I appreciate your input but calm down.

Edited by jdw
    Autocorrect

2 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

if you had a coach lined up like hoiberg, you wouldn't delay it. you'd let lewis coach the NIT and let hoiberg start recruiting.

if miles is not fired tomorrow, that tells me the coach we are after is probably playing in the post season or miles is going to be retained.

If Miles was going to be retained, Moos would have said so in his announcement 45 minutes after our B1G tourney loss to Wisconsin. 

10 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

If Miles was going to be retained, Moos would have said so in his announcement 45 minutes after our B1G tourney loss to Wisconsin. 

What I said in different words right after the announcement.  Agree 100% Norm.

Edited by colhusker