Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

4 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

Maybe.  

Maybe.  I have no idea if he is getting better support or worse support than Miles.  He's won two more NCAA games at Northwestern than we've done in 120 years.  He would walk in here and know just as much about every program as any other Big Ten coach.  He has to have established recruiting connections in Chicago and maybe the East coast.  These things might count for something. 

Would you rather have Collins or a hot mid-major hire?  Is there one you have your eye on?

Not to nitpick but he never made the Sweet 16.  He won 1 game in the tournament with NW.  I don't think he would leave one downtrodden program for another.

6 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

Maybe.  I have no idea if he is getting better support or worse support than Miles.  He's won two more NCAA games at Northwestern than we've done in 120 years.  He would walk in here and know just as much about every program as any other Big Ten coach.  He has to have established recruiting connections in Chicago and maybe the East coast.  These things might count for something. 

Would you rather have Collins or a hot mid-major hire?  Is there one you have your eye on?

If our options were hypothetically down to Collins and a mid-major, I sure hope Miles invites Moos over for dinner and several drinks and they agree on a long term extension for Miles.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

Not to nitpick but he never made the Sweet 16.  He won 1 game in the tournament with NW.  I don't think he would leave one downtrodden program for another.

OK, you are right on that one.  I really didn't do my homework, did I?  Oh well, let's hope Moos is more focused than I am.

This is just intuition, but I think the home-run hire for Nebraska is going to have to be somebody we all are not talking about, so just picking my brain for who that would be.

33 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

Personally, my view has been the same since before the season.  It was NCAA or bust with Tim.  However, we need a Homerun hire to take over after Tim.  If we’re talking another mid-major or Chris Collins, or any other bottom tier Power 5 conference coach, I’m more inclined to stay with Tim.

I 100% see where you’re coming from though that he actually got it done when he made the dance.  I would say that we had the tougher matchup with Baylor though.  In addition, he also followed his one good year up with a huge clunker much like Miles.  Really, the two seem pretty interchangeable when you dive into their stories!

26 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

OK, you are right on that one.  I really didn't do my homework, did I?  Oh well, let's hope Moos is more focused than I am.

This is just intuition, but I think the home-run hire for Nebraska is going to have to be somebody we all are not talking about, so just picking my brain for who that would be.

I kind of like Brey from ND.  I don't think he'd come here, but if he did I would be happy.

1 hour ago, HuskerCager said:

That Mori guy mentioned along with Bounds?  

The more I think about it; The Big Ten is such a  suicide "gauntlet' that we are only going to get more of the same (or worse) if we can't attract a proven coach with a winning record, preferably with experience in the B1G.

8 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

i'd be willing to bet Eric Musselman takes a higher paying job next year. has 5 senior starters. no returning talent and no recruits. and he's heavily underpaid. his stock will never be higher.

I've kinda talked myself onto this boat too. 

With everyone getting locked up long term that was a "supposed target" this is one that I think MAY be an option. The question will come up if he WANTS to leave Nevada or if other big name schools (UCLA, Texas, UNLV, etc) come knocking. 

12 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Here's hoping this is Bender Larry talking and not an actual thing that has happened...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does he have a job where he can leverage an extension and/or raise by floating Nebraska rumors?

If not, would you put it past Moos to have interviewed him? I mean, before he announces that he's hired Ernie Kent, of course.

Lincoln's Natty Light distributors will be on cloud nine if Larry ends up here. They may even have to order a real truck instead of putting the orders for all 9 cases they sell per week in the back of Joe's Honda.

I do know Larry's sideline language would even make Danny Nee blush.

Edited by throwback

this is my fear. ucla gets hoiberg because he doesn't want to coach against his son in the big 10. unlv gets matta because he lives in vegas. A&M gets musselman because they are probably a better overall program than nebraska. 

what is left for us if this happens? Alford? Kennedy? those guys may not even coach next year.

Oats? Porter? Smith? probably the best we could hope for if the above happens.

and there's still a small chance texas/indiana/arizona fire their coach.

Edited by TimSmiles

5 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

this is my fear. ucla gets hoiberg because he doesn't want to coach against his son in the big 10. unlv gets matta because he lives in vegas. A&M gets musselman because they are probably a better overall program than nebraska. 

what is left for us if this happens? Alford? Kennedy? those guys may not even coach next year.

I’d take Sampson. 

37 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

Just an FYI, Jack will never play a meaningful minute at MSU. He’s there to become a college coach. That is in no way a hurdle for Fred coming to Lincoln