Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

If we are in the hunt for a new coach, I would think the following qualities would be pretty intriguing:
1.  Has head coaching experience taking a mori-bound major conference program to the Sweet Sixteen

2.  Knows the Big Ten conference landscape intimately, yet...

3.  Gets paid less than the current NU coach and doesn't have a big contract to buy out, and...

4.  Isn't a sexy hire this year, so is under the radar with respect to other major conference program openings.

If I were Bill Moos, I would be falling over myself to talk with this person.  And of course, there is one coach I know of today who has all the attributes above.  You know who I'm talking about, right?

1 minute ago, HuskerCager said:

If we are in the hunt for a new coach, I would think the following qualities would be pretty intriguing:
1.  Has head coaching experience taking a mori-bound major conference program to the Sweet Sixteen

2.  Knows the Big Ten conference landscape intimately, yet...

3.  Gets paid less than the current NU coach and doesn't have a big contract to buy out, and...

4.  Isn't a sexy hire this year, so is under the radar with respect to other major conference program openings.

If I were Bill Moos, I would be falling over myself to talk with this person.  And of course, there is one coach I know of today who has all the attributes above.  You know who I'm talking about, right?

Seems that person is already taken...

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Seems that person is already taken...

OK, there are two people with those attributes.  I actually wasn't thinking Matta.  This person hasn't been mentioned (incredibly) in the first 63 pages of this thread.

Actually, can't say that Ohio St was a mori-bound program, so Matta doesn't qualify for #1 entirely.

Edited by HuskerCager

8E979453-A21F-4D13-B5DA-BF0CBCCDE8C0.jpeg

Hoiberg was at the MSU/OSU game today in a Spartan shirt. Get the hunch the future Nebraska basketball coach wouldn’t do that. Unless he stayed to watch our game.

Altman is out, Matta rumored to UNLV, Hoiberg either in a great disguise scouting our roster or laughing out loud at the thought of coaching us. Feels like our dream hires are running out quickly. Hope we have a plan already in place. 

1 minute ago, MilesDavis said:

Hoiberg was at the MSU/OSU game today in a Spartan shirt. Get the hunch the future Nebraska basketball coach wouldn’t do that. Unless he stayed to watch our game.

Altman is out, Matta rumored to UNLV, Hoiberg either in a great disguise scouting our roster or laughing out loud at the thought of coaching us. Feels like our dream hires are running out quickly. Hope we have a plan already in place. 

Not directed at you. Just in general...

Are you surprised??

We've been through this song and dance for decades. We have our dream hires. They turn us down (allegedly... I just assume the ADs are doing their sales pitches to these people and we just don't get them).

Then we go to the B-listers. Half of their agents likely sat "this is a dead end job." The other half say "hey, you'll be in a Power 5 conference and likely get 6 years." Then we end up with coaches who have riskier resumes. That's just where we are as a program.

We'll just see how it plays out on Sunday. Although I suspect that Moos is looking for a new coach but has been unsuccessful.

8E979453-A21F-4D13-B5DA-BF0CBCCDE8C0.thumb.jpeg.acb2fe916252d13cd27902e04146d8aa.jpeg

Hate to see the guy attending a game for the team his son plays on.

12 minutes ago, MilesDavis said:

8E979453-A21F-4D13-B5DA-BF0CBCCDE8C0.jpeg

Believe Freds son is a walkon bball player for MSU

Edited by husker55
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Interesting that Moos hasn't made up his mind yet.  Sixty-four pages, soon to be one hundred pages, and the next coach may be the same coach.  Hmmm.

the decision has definitely been made. he's not going to fire or extend miles over the phone. moos is in california until sunday.

it was pointless to release that statement and the only justification for moos being in california for 3 days is if he has met with some coaches somewhere in cali.

Edited by TimSmiles

2 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

the decision has definitely been made. he's not going to fire or extend miles over the phone. moos is in california until sunday.

Yet, he is now on record saying that his evaluation will not begin until after the season is over.  By saying the decision is already made, would also be an allegation that Moos is lying.  Correct?

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yet, he is now on record saying that his evaluation will not begin until after the season is over.  By saying the decision is already made, would also be an allegation that Moos is lying.  Correct?

yes. i believe he is lying. i have no idea why. the NIT is not really a factor with anything.