Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

9 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

I would think with Altman and Hoiberg gone that the focus shifts to Ben Howland and Craig Smith (awkward). Musselman and Marshall are dreams and Kelvin Sampson won’t get a phone call

CRAIG SMITH IS NOT GOING TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED. And also, Hoiberg isn't "gone" by any means

35 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Moos has lost players and national media with this right now.

Moos was going to lose the national media unless he gives a multi-year extension to Miles due to the fact that the national media has a condition that if it lasts longer than 4 hours you need to consult a doctor when it comes to Tim Miles. 

Just now, HuskerFever said:

I'm intrigued. How do you know this for certain?

I mean I have reason to believe that there is more than just a chance. Rumors are indeed rumors to be clear, but as someone who's listened and read so much, and talked to so many people, I in good faith can say that the possibility is very much alive, and not a pipe dream. Especially when you've got Minnesota Sports Writers saying on their podcast that even they've heard Hoiberg to Nebraska

17 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

I would think with Altman and Hoiberg gone that the focus shifts to Ben Howland and Craig Smith (awkward). Musselman and Marshall are dreams and Kelvin Sampson won’t get a phone call

Certainly not as many as he got at Indiana and OU.....whoa! I'll be here all week ladies and germs. 

3 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Feels like if it was Hoiberg, you don’t get the statement you got earlier.   Don’t have to wait for his season to end 

The statement defies any and all logic. Let's not forget Moos was in Chicago for at least a day and a half and Fred probably hasn't sold his house there yet

20 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

The statement defies any and all logic.

Any and all?  The first thing I though was guess this means he didn't have his guy lined up. Or the guy he has lined up is still coaching this season. But hey he still possibly has a house in Chicago soooo... ?

Just now, cornfed24-7 said:

Any and all?  The first thing I though was guess this means he didn't have his guy lined up. Or the guy he has lined up is still coaching this season. But hey he still possibly has a house in Chicago soooo... ?

I interpret it as a bad attempt at saying that this run earned Tim some time to prep for the postseason. The statement didn't need to be made at all. Miles doesn't tell the media that he knows he's "run his last race" if the writing hasn't been on the wall for quite some time. 

Just now, NebrasketballJake said:

I interpret it as a bad attempt at saying that this run earned Tim some time to prep for the postseason. The statement didn't need to be made at all. Miles doesn't tell the media that he knows he's "run his last race" if the writing hasn't been on the wall for quite some time. 

Not at all. Its more about the pompous response that there is absolutely no logical way it couldn't not be Hoiberg ? 

5 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Not at all. Its more about the pompous response that there is absolutely no logical way it couldn't not be Hoiberg ? 

Nice winky face. Apologies for a mere hypothetical coming across as "pompous" At least you're Cornfed, rock on brother. ?

Edited by NebrasketballJake

Moose isn't going to make this hire. He's on thin ice himself. This hire is going to be made by Green and Bounds.  They are the decision makers in the athletic department right now. Don't be surprised if the big guy retires and returns to his ranch within the next couple months. 

I posted this over on the post game thread as the debate was initially raging there:

What I think is unfair is that if you know you are firing Miles, then just fire him sooner than later so he can find another gig, if he wants one, and before they all get filled in the coming weeks.  I know that Miles is under contract and obligated to coach as required by his contract.  However, if you are holding him just to buy time or let him finish the season in the NIT, that just seems like bad business.  Fire him and name Lewis interim coach if Miles is gone regardless.  Miles deserves better than this.  He has been nothing but classy and has never done anything to embarrass the University...read between the lines on that one.  This was so predictable of an administration that has given two shits about this team and coaching staff for the last couple seasons.