Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

10 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Not to be morbid but seems like they would wait until the day after whenever our loss occurs to fire Miles if that is the course of action.

Was thinking this as well.  I wouldn't think Moos would be one of those "fire him when he gets off the floor" kind of guys.

36 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I just hope the next coach, whoever it is, works as hard through adversity as Tim Miles does.

The writing has been on the wall for awhile.  It would have been easy to just cash in his chips and phone it in the last few games of the season.

Thomas Allen is out with injury; Nana Akenten chooses to repeatedly violate team rules and you're forced to suspend him; you're down half a dozen players across the season and now you're down to 8 players available, including just three of the original starters and three other guys who weren't even rotation guys.

And yet he's still arguing with the refs in the Iowa game and doing whatever they can to gameplan for Rutgers.

We might get smoked by Maryland today, but it won't be because Miles and the staff quit on the team or on the season.

He has a lot more character than a lot of the guys who are calling for his head.

Great post, Normy. I will root for Miles & Co. as long as he's the coach for my Huskers. I can not stand those who openly root against our head Husker. Go B1G or go home! GBR !!!

39 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I just hope the next coach, whoever it is, works as hard through adversity as Tim Miles does.

The writing has been on the wall for awhile.  It would have been easy to just cash in his chips and phone it in the last few games of the season.

Thomas Allen is out with injury; Nana Akenten chooses to repeatedly violate team rules and you're forced to suspend him; you're down half a dozen players across the season and now you're down to 8 players available, including just three of the original starters and three other guys who weren't even rotation guys.

And yet he's still arguing with the refs in the Iowa game and doing whatever they can to gameplan for Rutgers.

We might get smoked by Maryland today, but it won't be because Miles and the staff quit on the team or on the season.

He has a lot more character than a lot of the guys who are calling for his head.

Amen to that!  He's still fighting, and he's got the team still fighting.  I've never understood those who just seem to HATE Tim Miles.  

42 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Miles truly does love Nebrasketball and if you think any way else, you are crazy.  Podcast comments or not, you can't say that this guy isn't a players coach and people person.

If it ends today or tomorrow or the day after I hope they wait until Monday to say good bye.. It allows everybody to get home unpack and get their heads right.

I don't know what it would be like if I had to sit in an airport and fly home and then ride home with a coaching staff that is no longer my coaching staff.. That would have to be gut renching.

You might know that it is over but, at least it would be one last time together as a team.

Just my $.02 worth.

6 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

If it ends today or tomorrow or the day after I hope they wait until Monday to say good bye.. It allows everybody to get home unpack and get their heads right.

I don't know what it would be like if I had to sit in an airport and fly home and then ride home with a coaching staff that is no longer my coaching staff.. That would have to be gut renching.

You might know that it is over but, at least it would be one last time together as a team.

Just my $.02 worth.

Good point. We'll have to see how long Nebrasketball can ride the momentum. It should at least be an interesting ballgame this afternoon vs Maryland in Chicago.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

You can agree with this and still think he should be fired.  That doesn't make people low character.  There have been people that want Miles to stay that have made very low character posts and attacks.  Should I be calling them low character individuals?  Probably not.  

8 minutes ago, royalfan said:

You can agree with this and still think he should be fired.  That doesn't make people low character.  There have been people that want Miles to stay that have made very low character posts and attacks.  Should I be calling them low character individuals?  Probably not.  

I agree. I'm in no way trying to suggest that anyone who wants Miles fired is low character and I'm really not directing this to anyone on this board.1  But I've seen other comments on other boards where people aren't satisfied simply going a different direction; I'm seeing (and have been seeing for some time now) people just being mean-spirited about their wish to have Miles fired and humiliated on his way out the door, as though he deliberately failed here, thereby causing our fans some sort of personal harm.  Those people can't give Miles credit for what he has done, and one of those things is he's still fighting to get as many more Ws for the kids and the fans as he can before he's gone.  That says a lot for him no matter whether he should be let go or retained.  And I'm not expressing an opinion on that one way or the other.

1  With one or two minor exceptions.

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

I agree. I'm in no way trying to suggest that anyone who wants Miles fired is low character and I'm really not directing this to anyone on this board.1  But I've seen other comments on other boards where people aren't satisfied simply going a different direction; I'm seeing (and have been seeing for some time now) people just being mean-spirited about their wish to have Miles fired and humiliated on his way out the door, as though he deliberately failed here, thereby causing our fans some sort of personal harm.  Those people can't give Miles credit for what he has done, and one of those things is he's still fighting to get as many more Ws for the kids and the fans as he can before he's gone.  That says a lot for him no matter whether he should be let go or retained.  And I'm not expressing an opinion on that one way or the other.

1  With one or two minor exceptions.

Ex: Twitter and Facebook official Nebraska pages after losses.

At this point Miles' fate is essentially sealed and the reason(s), right or wrong, have been listed exhaustively. At this point Miles going on some sort of miracle run probably ends with him not being the coach here.  Essentially there is zero chance what he does here changes this so really there is nothing to do but root for us to win.

If he's still the coach next year, then he still is. Otherwise, this is where we talk about who the next guy might be.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

At this point Miles' fate is essentially sealed and the reason(s), right or wrong, have been listed exhaustively. At this point Miles going on some sort of miracle run probably ends with him not being the coach here.  Essentially there is zero chance what he does here changes this so really there is nothing to do but root for us to win.

If he's still the coach next year, then he still is. Otherwise, this is where we talk about who the next guy might be.

Fair. I just wasn't sure what other thread my comment would be germane to and I wasn't sure it deserved it's own thread.