Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

1 hour ago, jason2486 said:

I will add that we don't get good rhythm shot opportunities like other teams, and when we do, our guys hesitate, pump fake, or dribble nowhere.

Woof, Roby's side dribble every freakin' time is driving me batty. He'll hesitate at the three-point line nearly every time, too. He'll drive to the basket and lose the ball quite regularly. It's like the Benny Hill theme song at times. Or, maybe a short snippet on Shaqtin-A-Fool, perhaps. #sheesh

15 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Hoiberg is not coming from what I’ve heard. I’ve heard Bobby Hurley’s name though. We are going to shell out some money if we get our man.

Bobby Hurley just signed a 5 year extension and it would cost anyone 3 mil to buy him out of that contact. I think he's making 2.1 with all sorts of bonuses including retention.

25 minutes ago, bb33ch said:
16 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Maybe we should look at the Wofford Coach?   Miles didn’t seem to have any answers after tonight’s game.  

Yes because hiring the mid major coach has really worked out well the last 20 years

I haven't won the lottery either, but it doesn't mean there's isn't a winning ticket out there.

45 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I haven't won the lottery either, but it doesn't mean there's isn't a winning ticket out there.

Right, I just think we need to try something new. And there are a few mid major guys i wouldn’t mind being hired like the South Dakota St coach. 

17 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Maybe we should look at the Wofford Coach?   Miles didn’t seem to have any answers after tonight’s game.  

The Wofford coach has been there for like 20 years. Maybe that is what we need to give whomever the coach is.... Time. Unfortunately, I don't think our fan base is patient enough

4 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

I would rather keep Tim than hire Otzelberger.

What's your reasoning? You want to talk about building relationships and not having to worry about players transferring every off-season? Otzelberger was able to keep freakin Mike Daum from transferring literally anywhere he wanted if he chose to. And he's got a great offensive mind. I think it'd be a solid hire. 

4 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

What's your reasoning? You want to talk about building relationships and not having to worry about players transferring every off-season? Otzelberger was able to keep freakin Mike Daum from transferring literally anywhere he wanted if he chose to. And he's got a great offensive mind. I think it'd be a solid hire. 

Not every player has the commitment level of Daum though.  You have to factor that in.  Daum is a good kid who said from the beginning he was staying.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Not every player has the commitment level of Daum though.  You have to factor that in.  Daum is a good kid who said from the beginning he was staying.

Otzelberger would also more than likely bring David Jenkins with him, who is a freaking stud and 3 point machine. I know I'm in the minority on this board and respect anyone disagreeing if they're eyes are totally set on Hoiberg or Matta or whoever, but I think it'd be a solid hire.

11 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Otzelberger would also more than likely bring David Jenkins with him, who is a freaking stud and 3 point machine. I know I'm in the minority on this board and respect anyone disagreeing if they're eyes are totally set on Hoiberg or Matta or whoever, but I think it'd be a solid hire.

1.) He's always had an All-American on his roster as a head coach

2.) His success as an assistant at Iowa State is greatly overstated. He was lucky to be on a staff with a great head coach. Doesn't always translate to success as a head coach himself at a big time program. This is why I also don't like the idea of bringing in a Duke assistant. We need someone who has done it at this level before.

41 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

1.) He's always had an All-American on his roster as a head coach

2.) His success as an assistant at Iowa State is greatly overstated. He was lucky to be on a staff with a great head coach. Doesn't always translate to success as a head coach himself at a big time program. This is why I also don't like the idea of bringing in a Duke assistant. We need someone who has done it at this level before.

He was at ISU not under just one, but 3 head coaches. McDermott, Hoiberg, and Prohm. 

i've spoken to people that have worked for coaching search firms.

according to them, one of lincoln's biggest selling points is that it's a safe place to raise a family.

obviously money is a big factor. but if the coach isn't currently raising a family, lincoln isn't a very attractive destination to coach/live.

if you believe this, it's going to be very difficult to get someone like hoiberg, alford, matta who already have adult kids and are financially well off.

callahan, pelini, frost, sadler, miles all had young kids when they took the job and moved to lincoln.  riley being the exception. 

On 2/28/2019 at 4:34 PM, hhcmatt said:

If Bavada started up a line on future Nebraska coaches and I gambled, this is the one I'd bet on.

I don't know if this has been discussed but both Mark Turgeon and Tad Boyle were assistant coaches at Oregon during the Moos tenure there.  Wonder if there was much of  a relationship built .  I know that Boyle is from Colorado and considered the Buffs to be his dream job but the natives are restless there.  He has taken Colorado to 4 NCAA tournaments and 2 NIT's in 8 full seasons.  They will be going to post season again this year. 

20 hours ago, HoiBall said:

Isn’t he regarded as the lead recruiter for most of the players during the hoiberg years there? 

22 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I would hope the expectation or confidence in hiring a next head coach that can win one tournament game has higher odds than a winning lottery ticket. But, alas, I have been following this team greater than three decades so I can understand this sentiment ?

6 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Ah, the best part of coaching searches, twitter accounts coming out of nowhere to claim that they know what the hell they're talking about. 

This one is a basketball account with 8800 followers - its not woj, but its not some random person spouting things off either. Id give them a little more regard then Eric in Scottsdale. 

19 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Ah, the best part of coaching searches, twitter accounts coming out of nowhere to claim that they know what the hell they're talking about. 

Vibes with my sources and is a random legit basketball account in Texas. Why the heck would they care about Nebrasketball

Edited by HoiBall