Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

4 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Sometimes I wonder if Hawks would have disliked anyone who wasn't Doc being hired. 

One very big reason to not fire Miles right now is that we just went through a big 'you can trust our AD campaign' and Moos is very much on the record of not firing coaches before the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Sometimes I wonder if Hawks would have disliked anyone who wasn't Doc being hired. 

One very big reason to not fire Miles right now is that we just went through a big 'you can trust our AD campaign' and Moos is very much on the record of not firing coaches before the end of the season.

Hawks need to look no further than Missouri to see what happens when donors stick their noses in at the wrong time.  Missouri has not been the same since the Walmart clan ran Norm off.  Hell, you could've walked into the arena last night as sat almost court side to see them play Kentucky.  When Norm was around, if you were lucky to find a ticket it was in nose bleed.

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

It really wouldn't accomplish anything to fire Miles right now. I don't mind boosters advocating for a new coach, but just let the season play out. Seems like some people are just out for blood.

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

It really wouldn't accomplish anything to fire Miles right now. I don't mind boosters advocating for a new coach, but just let the season play out. Seems like some people are just out for blood.

The blood is in the water and the sharks are circling at this point.

12 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

There is a need to reiterate the fact that Coach Miles IS a good coach.  He would not have worked up to this level in the business if he was not a good coach.  He was in fact, coach of the year just a couple years ago.  He is well respected by his peers and he will not be unemployed long, once he leaves Nebraska.  It simply isn't working out at this point.  There are a number of reasons or perhaps excuses why, but it does appear the end is near in the Miles/Nebraska relationship.  

There is absolutely no reason or excuse to bash him, denigrate him or to create issues that aren't real issues.  Goodness, he respects the university and has publicly said good things about our Director of Athletics.  Nebraskans are supposed to have class, perhaps we should exhibit some of that class as this season winds down. 

I cannot like this statement enough. A few people need to read it. And then read it again. 

One thing I've thought about is that except for the success rate the hires of Mike Leach and Ernie Kent were quite similar as both were quite successful and unemployed.

That describes several of the 'usual suspect' candidates being brought up in this thread.

1 hour ago, DOATHLON said:

Craig Smith would be the best non P5 coaching hire. Although the $ and fan support suggest it's time to aim high school for the first time ever

Eh, not sure that's true. He'd be in the convo for best option, though I don't see any way he's considered nor would he consider it, at least not this time around.

24 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

One thing I've thought about is that except for the success rate the hires of Mike Leach and Ernie Kent were quite similar as both were quite successful and unemployed.

That describes several of the 'usual suspect' candidates being brought up in this thread.

Just trying to create a list of guys who fit that description (Loosely). Feel free to add

1. Matta

2. Hoiberg

-  Grand Canyon Sized Gap  -

3. Lue

4. Andy Kennedy

- Getting Hit By a Bus - 

5. Rick Pitino 

52 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Hawks need to look no further than Missouri to see what happens when donors stick their noses in at the wrong time.  Missouri has not been the same since the Walmart clan ran Norm off.  Hell, you could've walked into the arena last night as sat almost court side to see them play Kentucky.  When Norm was around, if you were lucky to find a ticket it was in nose bleed.

I'm still here.

56 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Nebraskans are supposed to have class

And unicorns frolic playfully in the Candy Cane Forest. 

Fans are the same everywhere, by and large. Ya got your good eggs. Ya got your d-bags. As Ghandi wanted to say but i hadn't yet coined the phrase, "no people has a monopoly on either saints nor sinners". 

This is why I hate dependency on rich d-bags to determine policy for state institutions. But it is an unpleasant reality. 

I can, however, say what Moos probably can't: STFU Hawks. It's fine to start speculative conversations for fans, but to instigate a pissing contest in public when you have real influence is a pretty low life move. Leave the irrational and emotional wailing to us. It's what we do best. 

1 minute ago, OmahaHusker said:

Didn't we have a whole other thread that determined we're just like every other fan base, except we're really good at showing up to games? Us having more class than any other fan base is a myth. 

I believe a great number of our fans have class.  If you choose not to believe that, or if you personally believe you lack class, you are certainly allowed to provide that opinion.

2 minutes ago, tcp said:

This is why I hate dependency on rich d-bags to determine policy for state institutions. But it is an unpleasant reality. 

I can, however, say what Moos probably can't: STFU Hawks. It's fine to start speculative conversations for fans, but to instigate a pissing contest in public when you have real influence is a pretty low life move. Leave the irrational and emotional wailing to us. It's what we do best. 

Exactly what got Moos fired at Oregon. Appears Phil Knight likes Yes-Men.

17 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Exactly what got Moos fired at Oregon. Appears Phil Knight likes Yes-Men.

They're billionaires. They figure it goes with the check. 

I've worked for quite a few rich people in my day, and I haven't met one that doesn't expect a certain level of genuflection and adoration. And those are the better ones. 

30 minutes ago, tcp said:

They're billionaires. They figure it goes with the check. 

I've worked for quite a few rich people in my day, and I haven't met one that doesn't expect a certain level of genuflection and adoration. And those are the better ones. 

I've met quite a few awesome ones.  You wouldn't' know, if you didn't know....

1 hour ago, tcp said:

And unicorns frolic playfully in the Candy Cane Forest. 

Fans are the same everywhere, by and large. Ya got your good eggs. Ya got your d-bags. As Ghandi wanted to say but i hadn't yet coined the phrase, "no people has a monopoly on either saints nor sinners". 

"There ain't no good guy; there ain't no bad guy.

"There's only you and me, and we just disagree."

Edited by jayschool

3 hours ago, HoiBall said:

Sure, because I'm the only guy in this world that doesn't think Miles is a good coach and has done things to alienate the administration and look overly selfish. Because I'm the only person in the world criticizing not only his ridiculous self serving appearance on a joke of a podcast, but also the fact that he is a marginal basketball coach at best and has never proven to be otherwise.

Get outside of your world, see it from some different angles and accept that the world might exist a little differently than you see it.

Because on this board we all have to think the same.

Also, I'm not just saying Fred is a target. I'm saying I have sources that think he will be Nebraska's next coach. Very different.

I think your TO comment was a reach. 

2 hours ago, Jugular said:

I cannot like this statement enough. A few people need to read it. And then read it again. 

I swear, some people get off on seeing others struggle and go through tough times. Must make them feel better about themselves. I’ve got every emotion going through me right now but no hate for Coach Miles or want to see him suffer...