Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Interesting.  I'm listening.  But, I thought Moos said no decision until after the season....

If an AD waits until the end of the season to get someone lined up they are not a good AD.

I know Nebraska basketball history so I would have thought a coach of this caliber would be a pipe dream. Still early and nothing is even close to final but if Moos pulls this off no one across the country will believe it.

Imagine beating UCLA out for one of their top choices. It’s a little easier to possibly believe when you look at the connections to the University and Lincoln.

16 minutes ago, SkerBall said:

If an AD waits until the end of the season to get someone lined up they are not a good AD.

I know Nebraska basketball history so I would have thought a coach of this caliber would be a pipe dream. Still early and nothing is even close to final but if Moos pulls this off no one across the country will believe it.

Imagine beating UCLA out for one of their top choices. It’s a little easier to possibly believe when you look at the connections to the University and Lincoln.

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, SkerBall said:

Welp they want petino and I ain’t talking dick. The only guy they mention on any of their blogs I looked at with connections to Nebraska would be hoiberg. And someone is doing a hell of a sell job if he’s interested 

1 minute ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Welp they want petino and I ain’t talking dick. The only guy they mention on any of their blogs I looked at with connections to Nebraska would be hoiberg. And someone is doing a hell of a sell job if he’s interested 

I mean he did say, "...but if Moos pulls this off no one across the country will believe it." ?

1 hour ago, tcp said:

uh oh....have we hit the "I know a dude who knows a dude and I can't actually say anything but I'll pretend to do so" part of the coaching thread? 

this is always fun. 

I actually kind of enjoy this part.  Hell last time I believe someone knew a guy who knew a guy who knew this guy named Jesus who said this guy named John Wooden was interested.

11 hours ago, SkerBall said:

We're getting John Wooden?

11 hours ago, SkerBall said:

If we are talking coaches that UCLA is interested in and that have connections to UNL then that would be Hoiberg.

14 hours ago, SkerBall said:

I’m can’t believe the name that I’m hearing

It was about one month ago that we got to the point that the LJS and OWH asked the athletic department if Moos was still employed so skepticism at sensational news seems like the prudent course of action.

7 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Gary Sharp mentioned Tony Bennett being possibly interested in the UCLA gig. If that's who you've been hearing, I'll bet all my donuts against all your dollars that doesn't happen.

Bennett in that fishbowl sounds as likely as Steve Spurrier agreeing to coach somewhere where he can't golf in the winter.