Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

Someone who can draw something up at the end of the game.  Someone who can draw something up out of a timeout.  Someone who plays exciting basketball.  Someone who can teach players to shoot, and have their 3 point percentage go up in college not plummet.  

EDIT: someone who can teach passing, and playing unselfish basketball.  

Edited by PimpMario

2 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

Someone who can draw something up at the end of the game.  Someone who can draw something up out of a timeout.  Someone who plays exciting basketball.  Someone who can teach players to shoot, and have their 3 point percentage go up in college not plummet.  

EDIT: someone who can teach passing, and playing unselfish basketball.  

Your last 3 sentences describe Greg McDermott perfectly.

Craig Smith.... I’m a huge Aggie fan also, and what he is doing with them this year is amazing. 3 walk-ons playing. 15-5 this year, 38 net ranking. We Might make the tourney. He is so fun to listen to and a great Xs & Os. He will not be in Logan for long. Would be a great hire and already knows Nebraska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Agsker said:

Craig Smith.... I’m a huge Aggie fan also, and what he is doing with them this year is amazing. 3 walk-ons playing. 15-5 this year, 38 net ranking. We Might make the tourney. He is so fun to listen to and a great Xs & Os. He will not be in Logan for long. Would be a great hire and already knows Nebraska.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, I get the feeling that Moos will avoid anyone connected to Miles.

2 minutes ago, Agsker said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to his respect for Tim, I doubt he considers Nebraska an option - Moos might avoid that awkward convo as well. Fantastic coach/man though

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Eddie Jordan was one of the greatest players in Rutgers history.  He coached in the NBA. They rolled him out in Rutgers and now he's  just another guy that Rutgers fired after 3 years.  If people care about Tyronn Lue, would they take the time to consider how a coach with no recruiting experience would probably fare here and why they would want to wish this on one of the best players to play here?

lue has a lot more star power than eddie jordan. he coached lebron and played with shaq/kobe. he's a champion as a player and coach. i think he could draw a lot of attention to the program.

i have no idea if he has any interest in coaching at the college level though. i would imagine he'd want another nba job.

penny hardaway had zero coaching experience and has the #2 recruit signed. i think name recognition can go a long way.

Edited by TimSmiles

2 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

nah

Just nah? 

27 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

lue has a lot more star power than eddie jordan. he coached lebron and played with shaq/kobe. he's a champion as a player and coach. i think he could draw a lot of attention to the program.

i have no idea if he has any interest in coaching at the college level though. i would imagine he'd want another nba job.

penny hardaway had zero coaching experience and has the #2 recruit signed. i think name recognition can go a long way.

Ty lue is much closer to Eddie Jordan than penny Hardaway to ty lue. Penny had his own shoe in the NBA and Ty is know for getting crossed by Allen Iverson and then stepped over. Also James Wiseman the number 2 prospect is from Memphis. 

2 minutes ago, BmoreRed said:

Just nah? 

Ty lue is much closer to Eddie Jordan than penny Hardaway to ty lue. Penny had his own shoe in the NBA and Ty is know for getting crossed by Allen Iverson and then stepped over. Also James Wiseman the number 2 prospect is from Memphis. 

College game is way different than the pro game. We can't assume Lue would be like Jordan, it's definitely on the table though. Avery Johnson and Mullins (this year) have had moderate success. The much better play for Nebraska is to go after a proven coach who needs a change of scenery - I look at Jamie Dixon, Rick Barnes, Ben Howland all having decent sucsess at power 5 programs. 

9 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

College game is way different than the pro game. We can't assume Lue would be like Jordan, it's definitely on the table though. Avery Johnson and Mullins (this year) have had moderate success. The much better play for Nebraska is to go after a proven coach who needs a change of scenery - I look at Jamie Dixon, Rick Barnes, Ben Howland all having decent sucsess at power 5 programs. 

Mainly I just don't think star power or a quick fix is possible  or smart at GONU.

I feel we need a program builder, and that's why I like a guy like Wes Miller. Of course you could just say that he's just Tim Miles 2.0...