Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

15 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Alford would be a steal. He’s won at every stop. The spot light got a little to bright for him at UCLA. We could actually be the perfect landing spot for him

I suspect we would have guy that can shoot and don't get worse at shooting throughout their time here, so there is that.  

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

What are the chances the new coach can keep the current recruits in the fold? I’d imagine Green will be long gone. 

Have to think we still have a solid chance at keeping to instate recruits. 

Agreed. Id say Akol and Donovan are likely to stay. MAW, Jervay, and De'Andre Davis are big question marks.

Here is the reality. We are a bottom 5 Power conference job. We have no recruiting base, no tradition. We have good facilities, but that is a pretty bow on a pig.

So, if a non hoop nerd has heard of him, he's not coming here

If he's coaching in a power 6, he's not coming here.

If hes coaching a higher mid major, he's not coming here.

Some of the names bandied about here are ludicrous. 

I'm  not saying its not time for a change. But if we are changing, were going to end up with a low to mid major up & comer, a retread with baggage trying to restore his reputation, or a power conference assistant.

14 minutes ago, Crush78 said:

Here is the reality. We are a bottom 5 Power conference job. We have no recruiting base, no tradition. We have good facilities, but that is a pretty bow on a pig.

So, if a non hoop nerd has heard of him, he's not coming here

If he's coaching in a power 6, he's not coming here.

If hes coaching a higher mid major, he's not coming here.

Some of the names bandied about here are ludicrous. 

I'm  not saying its not time for a change. But if we are changing, were going to end up with a low to mid major up & comer, a retread with baggage trying to restore his reputation, or a power conference assistant.

Wisconsin got it started with Bo Ryan from a state college so if we follow that formula we should hire the best state college coach would that be Beranek at UNK?

25 minutes ago, ConkTrifecta3 said:

Frank Martin

Kelvin Sampson

Steve Alford

we'd have to pay frank martin 5 mil a year and pay his 15 mil a year buyout. if we're spending that kind of money (which we won't) he's not the first name i'd call.

alford would be solid.

might as well hire pitino if you're gonna hire sampson.

Edited by TimSmiles

8 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

we'd have to pay frank martin 5 mil a year and pay his 15 mil a year buyout. if we're spending that kind of money (which we won't) he's not the first name i'd call.

alford would be solid.

might as well hire pitino if you're gonna hire sampson.

Sampson hasn't done near as much as Pitino has he?