Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues

1 hour ago, lanigan123 said:

Same source that said his players like him about as much as.... well you know the rumors.  I’m guessing your source would disagree with what the Goodman, Norlander, Parrish podcast?

bye Felicia....  back to the mountain west....

I'm guessing my friends are a helluva lot closer to Tim Miles and what he is thinking about Nebraska than yours.   In fact I know it.   But I'm not gonna disappear for a couple of years, come around when things turn to shit, claim I've been silently supporting the team all along as a big fan, and then throw some obvious stuff out there and claim I have all this wonderful sources.    Big time poser.   

5 minutes ago, HB said:

I'm guessing my friends are a helluva lot closer to Tim Miles and what he is thinking about Nebraska than yours.   In fact I know it.   But I'm not gonna disappear for a couple of years, come around when things turn to shit, claim I've been silently supporting the team all along as a big fan, and then throw some obvious stuff out there and claim I have all this wonderful sources.    Big time poser.   

lol.  I’m not the one that’s a poser.  Can you verify Miles couldn’t even remember a players name as a freshman on day one of a practice?  Can you verify the issues off the court?  My sources on Hoiberg are beyond solid.  Like I said, enjoy the mountain west.

54 minutes ago, lanigan123 said:

lol.  I’m not the one that’s a poser.  Can you verify Miles couldn’t even remember a players name as a freshman on day one of a practice?  Can you verify the issues off the court?  My sources on Hoiberg are beyond solid.  Like I said, enjoy the mountain west.

Wow, really a huge scoop on Hoiberg.   Really going out on a big limb there.  

2 hours ago, lanigan123 said:

I’m guessing your source would disagree with what the Goodman, Norlander, Parrish podcast?

This is the thing you seem to be referencing 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/here-are-37-preposterously-plausible-and-crazy-predictions-for-the-2018-19-college-basketball-season/

Not real sure that national pundits riffing in November amounts to anything but riffing. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how Moos handled waiting to extend Miles and surmise that if a decent offer comes up that Tim might bolt. Or he might not.

Your sources say Hoiberg not an option? Mine say differently

4 minutes ago, SkerBall said:

Your sources say Hoiberg not an option? Mine say differently

It sounds like your sources need to talk to each other and sort things out.

My sources say he's the next coach of Nebraska:

Per the 7PennyDeuce Chronical Hoiberg is said to be coach in waiting at THE University of Nebraska and has already agreed to a lengthy deal with the Cornhuskers. Fred would replace Timmy Miles as Head Coach of Nebraska in what he refers to as his "Dream Job". Welcome home Hoiberg! Bill Walton

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hoiberg

(People clearly have too much time on their hands.)

Screenshot_20190217-170905_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Per the 7PennyDeuce Chronical Hoiberg is said to be coach in waiting at THE University of Nebraska and has already agreed to a lengthy deal with the Cornhuskers. Fred would replace Timmy Miles as Head Coach of Nebraska in what he refers to as his "Dream Job". Welcome home Hoiberg! Bill Walton

Seems legit. ;)

Image result for if it's on the internet it must be true gif

Edited by AuroranHusker

9 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I don’t blame anyone for being skeptical, but isn’t one of the reasons sites like this exist (and you post here) is to learn information that you otherwise wouldn’t get?

So when someone gets some information that might not be known by very many others it would probably be wise to not dismiss it because you yourself are not in the position to hear that information.

You can do with it what you want, I stand by what I know and that would be that Hoiberg is a real possibility and that’s from people that know him. 

Again there are no guarantees about anything at this point, but dismissing all information that comes to you is not very wise. Just use your best judgement in what you want to listen to.

10 minutes ago, SkerBall said:

I don’t blame anyone for being skeptical, but isn’t one of the reasons sites like this exist (and you post here) is to learn information that you otherwise wouldn’t get?

So when someone gets some information that might not be known by very many others it would probably be wise to not dismiss it because you yourself are not in the position to hear that information.

You can do with it what you want, I stand by what I know and that would be that Hoiberg is a real possibility and that’s from people that know him. 

Again there are no guarantees about anything at this point, but dismissing all information that comes to you is not very wise. Just use your best judgement in what you want to listen to.

I listen to it all. I love Hoiberg. Just not getting my hopes up at the moment.

12 minutes ago, SkerBall said:

I think the intent of @HuskerFever was to point out that someone has edited Hoiberg's wikipedia page

18 minutes ago, SkerBall said:

If you look at the change history of coaches pages and Nebraska basketball pages, Tyronn Lue and Dana Altman have made numerous appearances in the past number of weeks. It means nothing.

And I've heard from someone in the dept that Altman has been in talks. But again, that means nothing. It's hilarious to see how the coaching transition periods take place. In the past 20 years (age of the internet) in Nebrasketball history there have been hundreds of prospective coaches on numerous lists and yet when the coach has been announced, absolutely zero of those coaches ended up being our coach. Sure makes dire seasons more entertaining though.

As far as Hoiberg goes isn't the first question whether or not he's interested in coaching college basketball?  The guy has $25 million coming to him from the Bulls so he doesn't need to work another day in his life if he doesn't want to. 

I don't know what happens with Miles but I think we can ultimately gauge the interest of Hoiberg in coaching in the college ranks by whether or not he actually interviews with someone. If all that happens this spring is reports of him turning down jobs it's safe to say he probably wasn't interested in coaching college ball in the first place.

BTW his son is a walk-on for Michigan St and hit a 3 vs Ohio St today

10 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

As far as Hoiberg goes isn't the first question whether or not he's interested in coaching college basketball?  The guy has $25 million coming to him from the Bulls so he doesn't need to work another day in his life if he doesn't want to. 

I don't know what happens with Miles but I think we can ultimately gauge the interest of Hoiberg in coaching in the college ranks by whether or not he actually interviews with someone. If all that happens this spring is reports of him turning down jobs it's safe to say he probably wasn't interested in coaching college ball in the first place.

BTW his son is a walk-on for Michigan St and hit a 3 vs Ohio St today

To caveat, after the twolves fired Tom thibodeau as GM and coach, a top candidate was hoiberg in the off-season in either the GM or HC position. 

Edited by thrasher31

Should there be one, this hire is possibly the biggest in the history of the program ... given the state of our fan support (extremely solid, especially given the recent record) and facilities this may be our best opportunity to really reach for a solid, established coach. Not saying a mid-major won't be the choice or shouldn't be the choice, but ... this should be fun down the stretch. It will hurt a great deal if it feels like we really settle and/or can't get anyone of note to take interest. There would be a lot of freedom here for the next coach without a lot of the expectations of other places ... a blank slate if you will ... and solid, solid facilities to recruit to. However, we all are aware of the historical limitations.

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Serious question. Would that actually protect his job?

I'm still trying to get a read out of Moos, but I'm not so sure Miles would be in the clear just making the tournament.

Given the circumstances (contract in limbo for 3 seasons, every year seeming to be make or break, Copeland injury, 7 game losing streak), if you recover from that, I think so. If we make it and win, there's no way you fire him.

Not that anyone here has any reason to believe me but when it comes to Hoiberg, from a couple of good Ames sources it sounds like they expect him to end up with the Timberwolves. He enjoyed his previous time there and his family likes the area.  As far as college goes it seems like two schools constantly pop up that he is interested MSU and KU (this might cause a riot in Ames and a burning of his jersey).  I haven't heard anything about interest in NU.