Nebraska vs. Wisconsin Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Not mentioned, but the fouls constantly called and ultimate exit of Verbeek was a factor.  She virtually never played. She can be a factor defensively in the paint. And score too. 

Their two forwards took over the game in the second half and we could not stop them.  

Except for Nicea (which was a star overall) we let way to many shots go unopposed. Just let them shoot many times inside the 3 pt line. All those two's kept them close when the game  shouldn't have been close. 

Their crowed got into the games after we let them close up the score, and they fed off that. 

There's lots of other stuff, but the games over and we lost. That last shot is so unfortunate...correct clock operation would have disallowed the shot. 

Feel bad for the girls mostly.

13 hours ago, redsteve said:

Not mentioned, but the fouls constantly called and ultimate exit of Verbeek was a factor.  She virtually never played. She can be a factor defensively in the paint. And score too. 

Their two forwards took over the game in the second half and we could not stop them.  

Except for Nicea (which was a star overall) we let way to many shots go unopposed. Just let them shoot many times inside the 3 pt line. All those two's kept them close when the game  shouldn't have been close. 

Their crowed got into the games after we let them close up the score, and they fed off that. 

There's lots of other stuff, but the games over and we lost. That last shot is so unfortunate...correct clock operation would have disallowed the shot. 

Feel bad for the girls mostly.

in my mind, it's called cheating. i was not for the rule-----period!!!

Day after thoughts...    I still feel like whining.    I'll limit it to one wah!   Sure looked like the officials had an advance bias towards 

Veerbeek.  The kid didn't even get a chance to play.  Aluminum foil hat comment ......  Anti Nebraska BIG conspiracy?  ?   

10 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Day after thoughts...    I still feel like whining.    I'll limit it to one wah!   Sure looked like the officials had an advance bias towards 

Veerbeek.  The kid didn't even get a chance to play.  Aluminum foil hat comment ......  Anti Nebraska BIG conspiracy?  ?   

Yeah it sure looked like the Wisy coach told the refs in pregame to watch her. 

mik'l severe asking why husker sports are struggling? (except for vb and bowling).  from baseball, fb, to both bb programs. he likes amy williams, but no doubt are struggling. states Moos needs to make some decisions. softball used to be a dominating program when he (severe) came to nebraska. anyway, discussion going on now.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

I don't think Coach Williams is in the cross hairs.  At least, hope not.  Moos seems to be the current media target.  Expectations are part of the AD job.  The sense of urgency,  might be greater than he anticipated.  Husker fans are hungry.       

Edited by 12dozen

13 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

I don't think Coach Williams is in the cross hairs.  At least, hope not.  Moos seems to be the current media target.  Expectations are part of the AD job.  The sense of urgency,  might be greater than he anticipated.  Husker fans are hungry.       

completely agree. too early for coach williams. next season might be a different story, though. things could ratchet up if play doesn't improve. next season should really be interesting for a number of reasons.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

mik'l severe asking why husker sports are struggling? (except for vb and bowling).  from baseball, fb, to both bb programs. he likes amy williams, but no doubt are struggling. states Moos needs to make some decisions. softball used to be a dominating program when he came to nebraska. anyway, discussion going on now.

I seen that Sam McKeown has an article the weird heard about the same thing. I have always wondered why Revelle Has been here so long? And there are other sports that do well. You just don't 4ead about them as much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Verbeek, Grace,  Kissenger sitting in last qtr.  A few confusing things going on last game. Need to get some things sorted out.

There's a lot of time left in the season. Maybe it's just me...and just disappointed.  As was the game in many areas.  In the big picture, where are we going?  Are we spinning our wheels so to speak. Showed great promise when we started....have leveled off? Just have trouble completely jelling

The was an article in OWH news paper this morning, about the same subject that Severe talking about...may be why he brought it up. (Article was about....many of the NU sports teams are sputtering along..mentioned softball, both BBall teams, baseball,  etc...only volleyball and the rifle teams are always contenders))

Edited by redsteve

11 hours ago, redsteve said:

Verbeek, Grace,  Kissenger sitting in last qtr.  A few confusing things going on last game. Need to get some things sorted out.

There's a lot of time left in the season. Maybe it's just me...and just disappointed.  As was the game in many areas.  In the big picture, where are we going?  Are we spinning our wheels so to speak. Showed great promise when we started....have leveled off? Just have trouble completely jelling

The was an article in OWH news paper this morning, about the same subject that Severe talking about...may be why he brought it up. (Article was about....many of the NU sports teams are sputtering along..mentioned softball, both BBall teams, baseball,  etc...only volleyball and the rifle teams are always contenders))

Also a bit confused on substitutions.  Took Kissinger out after she had scored 8 points straight. Luckily, Hannah hit a hot spell next. Also thought Grace had earned some 

playing time after last game.  With Veerbeek in foul trouble, and eventually fouling out, why not give her some minutes?  Not Coach Williams best game, in my less than

informed opinion.  Next up, Purdue.  Go get 'em girls.

according to coach williams, yes (as stated on sports nightly). she said ref told Mershon to give inbounding player "space". not coach williams exact words. so, i kind of took it coach thought Mershon had backed off a bit too far---from the way coach was explaining the play. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Just checked out the replay on BTN2GO.  Mershon seemed in best position allowed. She was a few feet off the inbound player, but close to the line and shading her to 

the direction of the pass.  Just one of those things that luck, and a home town clock manager make happen on rare occasion.  In hindsight, maybe we should have left the inbound player unguarded.

Edited by 12dozen

5 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Also a bit confused on substitutions.  Took Kissinger out after she had scored 8 points straight. Luckily, Hannah hit a hot spell next. Also thought Grace had earned some 

playing time after last game.  With Veerbeek in foul trouble, and eventually fouling out, why not give her some minutes?  Not Coach Williams best game, in my less than

informed opinion.  Next up, Purdue.  Go get 'em girls.

I have been a booster all along, of Coaches substituting. Do see it improving players. Not a big new discovery. 

But as the season's gone on...is it helping the team jell ?  Not certain i have that decided, one way or another. This team must get it's act together.

No expert for sure...as said above... may have been out Coached that game....not usually the case. It's the real world...anything can happen and usually does.

But...there is a need to have your best players in (even maybe based on that current game)...to finish out the game in 4th qtr.  Verbeek should have been in but the refs took that away. That affected our subbing in the Wisky game. (may have threw Coach a puzzle as to what to do)

Anyway.. ..enough about Wisky...on to the next one...will be another tough game..

Edited by redsteve

8 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

according to coach williams, yes (as stated on sports nightly). she said ref told Mershon to give inbounding player "space". not coach williams exact words. so, i kind of took it coach thought Mershon had backed off a bit too far---from the way coach was explaining the play. 

As long as Mershon was not standing out of bounds (or leaning her body out of bounds- what is the rule on that?) I'm not sure what the ref was talking about.