Nebraska vs. Wisconsin Game Thread

Bugeaters1

It’s frustrating. We are close. But the kids have to realize that every detail matters.  Defensive stops, turnovers, wasted possessions with bad shots etx. — my short list of what I would like to see includes almost no 3s from our 5 bigs except if shot clock is about to go.  They are all in the mid 20s percent shooters from 3 range on significant volume.  Cumulatively they have taken way to many.  When it occasionally goes in it is fools gold.  Those  are wasted possessions and in close gms u can’t waste possessions — we still turn it over too much especially under pressure. — we have to defend better which includes rebounding because we get hurt on offensive rebound kick outs even when our first shot defense is good. The easiest 3s are in missed shot kick outs while defense is scrambling and not set   We give up way too many — flip side of that I would love for us to kick it out sometimes when we get an offensive board. Taylor Hannah and Leigha would all hit 40 percent plus on feet set kick outs. Our young bigs especially don’t understand that.  They have way too few assists for minutes played.  They still want to muscle every rebound back up no what even if defense is bigger and set. It doesn’t work at this level to go through people’s chin   — I deeply believe in these kids and the coaching staff but every detail matters.  Ask dee ford and The chiefs if an inch is significant 

5 minutes ago, kansashusker said:

It’s frustrating. We are close. But the kids have to realize that every detail matters.  Defensive stops, turnovers, wasted possessions with bad shots etx. — my short list of what I would like to see includes almost no 3s from our 5 bigs except if shot clock is about to go.  They are all in the mid 20s percent shooters from 3 range on significant volume.  Cumulatively they have taken way to many.  When it occasionally goes in it is fools gold.  Those  are wasted possessions and in close gms u can’t waste possessions — we still turn it over too much especially under pressure. — we have to defend better which includes rebounding because we get hurt on offensive rebound kick outs even when our first shot defense is good. The easiest 3s are in missed shot kick outs while defense is scrambling and not set   We give up way too many — flip side of that I would love for us to kick it out sometimes when we get an offensive board. Taylor Hannah and Leigha would all hit 40 percent plus on feet set kick outs. Our young bigs especially don’t understand that.  They have way too few assists for minutes played.  They still want to muscle every rebound back up no what even if defense is bigger and set. It doesn’t work at this level to go through people’s chin   — I deeply believe in these kids and the coaching staff but every detail matters.  Ask dee ford and The chiefs if an inch is significant 

Spot on comments. Thanks KH.

doesn't get any easier---this is tough:

@Purdue

Indiana

@Michigan

Purdue

@Maryland

MSU

@NW

Iowa

@PSU

any road win will be awful tough to come by. plus, those home games are nothing to sneeze at. i really hate to be a pessimist, but, i don't see but only a couple chances for wins here. PSU? Iowa? not saying they won't be in some of these games, but, the huskers just have a real tough time winning a close one. 

8 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

@Purdue

Indiana

@Michigan

Purdue

@Maryland

MSU

@NW

Iowa

@PSU

any road win will be awful tough to come by. plus, those home games are nothing to sneeze at. i really hate to be a pessimist, but, i don't see but only a couple chances for wins here. PSU? Iowa? not saying they won't be in some of these games, but, the huskers just have a real tough time winning a close one. 

Losing the close ones but in the games.   I haven't been watching in person but it seems like we're getting better.  Encouraging to see better play out of Cain and Simon today; hoping for consistency with that.   Perhaps we'll be playing our best basketball around tournament time.  

53 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

@Purdue

Indiana

@Michigan

Purdue

@Maryland

MSU

@NW

Iowa

@PSU

Yeah, it's going to be tough.  We'll have to keep getting better in all facets and stick with the process.  This is why I really valued those first two wins of the conf. season.