uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 20 - vs. Ohio State

uneblinstu

Feel really bad for Copeland.  I noticed that Watson only had one assist.  Hard to win when your fourth year pg only gets one assist.  As someone else already stated, Watson drives to score and doesn't drive to dish very often.  I looked it up, and Watson is averaging 3.7 assists a game, which puts him directly in he middle of the leading assist leader on each Big Ten team.  I haven't looked up what his average is in conference play.  

Leader in assists on each Big Ten team:

Cassius Winston (MSU) 7.3

Zavier Simpson (MU) 5.6

Ethan Happ (WI) 5.2

Anthony Cowan (MD) 4.6

Geo Baker (RU) 4.1

Glynn Watson 3.7

Isaiah Washington (Minn) 3.7

CJ Jackson (OS) 3.7

Josh Reeves (PSU) 3.6

Carsen Edwards (PU) 3.5

AJ Turner (NW) 3.5

McCaffrey and Bohannon tied (Iowa) 3.3

Ayo Dosunmu (Ill) 3.2

Devonte Green (Ind) 3.2

1 hour ago, BBFan said:

I noticed that Watson only had one assist.  Hard to win when your fourth year pg only gets one assist. 

Hard to earn an assist when you make a pass and the receiver either misses or passes up on an open look.  I am not sure how many times Saturday that I muttered "take your flippin shot."  But as mentioned we also took shots off the pass, especially in the paint, and missed.  Saturday was SOOO frustrating on a number of fronts.

30 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Hard to earn an assist when you make a pass and the receiver either misses or passes up on an open look.  I am not sure how many times Saturday that I muttered "take your flippin shot."  But as mentioned we also took shots off the pass, especially in the paint, and missed.  Saturday was SOOO frustrating on a number of fronts.

For one game, I'd like to see Roby shoot the open 3 at the top of the key every time there is a ball reversal. I swear he'd get at least 10 attempts. He hesitates or doesn't look at the hoop almost every time this occurs.

9 hours ago, jason2486 said:

For one game, I'd like to see Roby shoot the open 3 at the top of the key every time there is a ball reversal. I swear he'd get at least 10 attempts. He hesitates or doesn't look at the hoop almost every time this occurs.

I don't know, I'm pretty mixed on that. He's 32% for his career (30-94) from behind the arc. Every year of his career, he has been more effective at 2s than 3s:

Junior: 56% on 2s (1.12 points per shot); 30% on 3s (0.91 points per shot)

Sophomore: 62% on 2s (1.24 points per shot); 40% on 3s (1.21 points per shot)

Freshman: 44% on 2s (0.89 points per shot); 16% on 3s (0.47 points per shot)

3 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I saw that today. Do not believe there were that many butts in the seats 

Hmm, I thought that the listed numbers were pretty accurate, but I do agree that is was a pretty quiet crowd.  It started out fine, but the enthusiasm quickly left the building when we started playing poorly.  You could literally hear the angst (not boos) when we were missing shots and getting out-rebounded.

32 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Hmm, I thought that the listed numbers were pretty accurate, but I do agree that is was a pretty quiet crowd.  It started out fine, but the enthusiasm quickly left the building when we started playing poorly.  You could literally hear the angst (not boos) when we were missing shots and getting out-rebounded.

You could hear the ball bouncing at times as well