uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 20 - vs. Ohio State

uneblinstu

11 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

As much as this loss sucks I can't help shaking the feeling things are really going to suck because Cope will be out for anywhere from a while to forever.  Hope I'm wrong there.

We left about 16 points on the court in bunnys the first half?  That certainly doesn't help the ol' mental game.

We have missed a lot of bunnies the last three games.  Really unfortunate.

25 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

As much as this loss sucks I can't help shaking the feeling things are really going to suck because Cope will be out for anywhere from a while to forever.  Hope I'm wrong there.

We left about 16 points on the court in bunnys the first half?  That certainly doesn't help the ol' mental game.

What really sucks is that the injury occurred after the play ended.  He had already been called for traveling, kept going to the basket, tried to jam it and went down hard.

Cope is one of my favorite players.  He's been very consistent this season.  Love his midrange jumper

16 minutes ago, BjoeHusker said:

What really sucks is that the injury occurred after the play ended.  He had already been called for traveling, kept going to the basket, tried to jam it and went down hard.

Cope is one of my favorite players.  He's been very consistent this season.  Love his midrange jumper

Yeah think about how much he went through to get back. Let's hope.

2 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I wonder if we’re as good as we thought.  The team is regressing.  Play Thor, he can pass the basketball, which is a rare commodity on the current squad.

We're not ... take last year's team and then subtract Gill, Taylor and Tshimanga and that's basically what we have. Jordy's attitude brought the team down, but we need bodies. I get why there was such buzz with the starters returning, but we lost key contributors and didn't replace them with anything substantial.

12 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

We're not ... take last year's team and then subtract Gill, Taylor and Tshimanga and that's basically what we have. Jordy's attitude brought the team down, but we need bodies. I get why there was such buzz with the starters returning, but we lost key contributors and didn't replace them with anything substantial.

And Jack and Duby

3 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

I actually believe that's true...

I actually think it's that they felt they could be lazy and be ok.

Meaning that nothing this entire season has been about winning a conference title or anything like that. It's all been on getting that first NCAA win.

I think the players thought they did the work in the noncon to make the tournament on the strength of the conference and think they can beat anyone they get in the first round, so now they think they can skate through a bit till then.

They need to realize they can't.

1 minute ago, Blackshirt83 said:

I actually think it's that they felt they could be lazy and be ok.

Meaning that nothing this entire season has been about winning a conference title or anything like that. It's all been on getting that first NCAA win.

I think the players thought they did the work in the noncon to make the tournament on the strength of the conference and think they can beat anyone they get in the first round, so now they think they can skate through a bit till then.

They need to realize they can't.

That, or they thought the wins would come just as easy as they did last year. Either way, that's not the mentality you want in your locker room.

Sick to my stomach after this loss. This team can't stand success and with the Copeland injury...It seems hopeless.

1. I've always been a big fan of Barry. Was nice to see him at the game. 

2. It all started with that opening tip toss. Same ref, I think, made the shot clock violation call while we were on a fast break.

3. The crowd was dead starting prior to the end of the 2nd half and was bailing the vault with about 8min left in the game.

4. Lots of missed bunnies.

5. Out rebounded by a lot.

6. Out hustled for 50/50 balls. 

7. Who is our point guard?

8. Almost every time Roby has the ball in his hands he hesitates. 

9. Copeland injury occurred on an attempted dunk long after he had been called for traveling.

10. The season isn't over until it's over. Until that time I won't give up hope. 

We got beat by a small lineup for most of the game. Even when Copeland was still in they were playing small and beating us up and down the court.

Tim's seat is obviously scalding hot rn, but maybe we just needed to be down and out to really fight again. Going to be harder without Cope. All starts with a big win against the badgers

Not much to say after this gut punch.  We got outplayed and we lost one of our best players.  Wow.  Our shooting was horrible, as was our rebounding.  We would make a defensive stand, and then give them a second and third look.  

I really feel bad for Cope.  God bless him and watch over him!

1) Our guards do not rebound (allen finally did late)

2) Our bench does not get us beat, but they sure don't help us win

3) Feel bad for Cope.

4) Really thought we took a lot of good shots. Just weren't falling. 

5) Glynn does a great job getting to the basket. Very rarely does he drive and dish that results in a basket.

6) This just sucks.

I’m a life long suffering season ticket holder. A proud  part of the “6500” as Lee B. Used to refer to us back in the 2000’s...and have seen some incredible highs. I’m sad. Sad for Cope, sad for our players, and sad for our coaching staff and coach Miles.  I’m a Miles supporter and defender as long as he is our coach, but I’m resigning myself to yet another long rebuild, with a not so great historical percentage that the rebuild will happen.  I’m invested in this team, but today was a kick to the groin, twice. 

2 hours ago, HB said:

Fans only watch offense.  Every time he was in the game Ohio State went right at him and scored.   He had no chance defensively.  

Yeah not what cost us the game but I thought Brady had probably his worst game as a Husker.  Seemed lost in his minutes out there - and did not look like he was playing hard either.  Was really disappointed by that given he was getting quite a few more minutes than he had been recently.   Of course, that is just a small part of the overall disappointment from today.

6 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I’m a life long suffering season ticket holder. A proud  part of the “6500” as Lee B. Used to refer to us back in the 2000’s...and have seen some incredible highs. I’m sad. Sad for Cope, sad for our players, and sad for our coaching staff and coach Miles.  I’m a Miles supporter and defender as long as he is our coach, but I’m resigning myself to yet another long rebuild, with a not so great historical percentage that the rebuild will happen.  I’m invested in this team, but today was a kick to the groin, twice. 

Yes this is how I also feel.. Still with till the end boys.