Scouting Ohio St

hhcmatt

Currently on a 4 game losing streak as their offense has hit the skids. Hosting Purdue tonight.

The most obvious thing that sticks out is Wake Forest grad transfer Keyshawn Woods struggling in conference.

Defensively they've been putting guys on the line a lot in conference but that's somewhat hard to gauge as they've been facing the teams that get to the line a lot.

6'8" 205# soph Kyle Young is out for Purdue with a stress fracture in his leg and unknown for our game. He's been playing 20-25 very valuable minutes for the Buckeyes and has started a lot of their games. They're not much deeper than us without him.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Currently on a 4 game losing streak as their offense has hit the skids. Hosting Purdue tonight.

6'8" 205# soph Kyle Young is out for Purdue with a stress fracture in his leg and unknown for our game. He's been playing 20-25 very valuable minutes for the Buckeyes and has started a lot of their games. They're not much deeper than us without him.

We need them to beat Purdue tonight 

kyle is a pretty good player if you watch any Ohio st games. Doesn’t show up in the box scores but he does a lot of the little things. 

OHIO ST (12-6) #39   (2-4) (2-2) (1-0) (7-0)
QUAD SHEET NET Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Cincy A   W      
IUPUFW H         W
Creighton A   W      
S Caro St H         W

Samford

H

W

Cleve St H         W
Syracuse H     L    
Minnesota H     W    
Illinois A     W    

Bucknell

H

W

Y'town St H         W
UCLA N       W  
High Pt H         W

Mich St

H

L

Rutgers A     L    
Iowa A   L      
Maryland H   L      

Purdue

H

L

Nebraska A   x      
Michigan A   x      
Rutgers H       x  

5 straight losses heading into Lincoln - need to make it 6 - hope they try the same small lineup they used for stretches vs Purdue against us, as I'm pretty sure we can handle it. Without Young available, we definitely need to get C Wesson into foul trouble like Purdue did.

Edited by throwback

2 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

That is true but I have my doubts how we match up vs Purdue. Hopefully we get something going Saturday 

How well we match up with them doesn't change the fact that we play them twice and Ohio St. once though as far as computers are concerned.  We certainly need to get something going.  We cannot lose again Saturday.  

3 hours ago, royalfan said:

How well we match up with them doesn't change the fact that we play them twice and Ohio St. once though as far as computers are concerned.  We certainly need to get something going.  We cannot lose again Saturday.  

I get the computer angle, but a decent team on a five game skid is due for a win. That scares the crap out of me mostly because I am used to Nebraska being a slump buster. So from that angle, I would have preferred they snapped the skid before us. Hopefully they are beaten down enough emotionally we kick their butt, but...

2 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

I get the computer angle, but a decent team on a five game skid is due for a win. That scares the crap out of me mostly because I am used to Nebraska being a slump buster. So from that angle, I would have preferred they snapped the skid before us. Hopefully they are beaten down enough emotionally we kick their butt, but...

I get this part of it for sure.  Thinking we can overcome it, as we are equally desperate.  If so, it is best Purdue won, but this is a concern for me as well.  

5 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

4 losses in 6 games is also a skid, so we're due for a win too.