Northwestern Vs. Nebraska Game Thread ETC.

Bugeaters1

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The gal from Africa will kill us on the boards.

Mentioned their inside game in another thread...Oceana Something ? ...something like that.  Big post...re-bounder, shot blocker. Not a big scorer but gets 10+. 

But like Bugs said the girl (can't pronounce her name.)  Dynamic and athletic forward, can do it all..yes, she may be the difference for them.

They're pretty good overall. Have played well against giid teams

Edited by redsteve

38 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Mentioned their inside game in another thread...Oceana Something ? ...something like that.  Big post...re-bounder, shot blocker. Not a big scorer but gets 10+. 

But like Bugs said the girl (can't pronounce her name.)  Dynamic and athletic forward, can do it all..yes, she may be the difference for them.

They're pretty good overall. Have played well against some good teams.

Unfortunately we play there. Wish we had them at home.

The game is at PBA.

Edited by Bugeaters1

Yes, to both Bugs....was working on my poor memory., and had to get the post done quickly ....had to leave. I didn't realize though, Oceana graduated....thought she was only a Jr  last year?  

Regardless, the Pallas girl will  a hand full. So we try to slow her down as much as possible ? But they have some other scorers, so it's going to be a task......glad Oceana has graduated. Every little bit helps.  But they do have some good size shot blockers, re-bounders. Rebound well as a team

Edited by redsteve

18 hours ago, redsteve said:

Yes, to both Bugs....was working on my poor memory., and had to get the post done quickly ....had to leave. I didn't realize though, Oceana graduated....thought she was only a Jr  last year?  

Regardless, the Pallas girl will  a hand full. So we try to slow her down as much as possible ? But they have some other scorers, so it's going to be a task......glad Oceana has graduated. Every little bit helps.  But they do have some good size shot blockers, re-bounders. Rebound well as a team

nw appears to be a very good defensive squad. most likely won't get too many second chances. what's her name (?) will get her rebounds. pulliam will get her share of points. is abby scheid (sp?) back? i thought she was injured for a period? anyway, don't let her go off. nw definitely better than i originally thought---course, i was thinking what's her name graduated. i should have respected them more and not placed them to be the bottom feeder. that's for wiscy and/or illinois! ? still, if huskers follow their assignments, i still think they can come away with a big 'w'. 63-59

who starts out on PK-A? would you start out with Mershon? being Mershon is more athletic than Cain, maybe PK-A might have a little more difficulty getting around Mershon in positioning for a rebound. no doubt AK-P will get her share, but, just think Mershon might be the best option. yet, who knows, with Mershon being a freshman, she might get schooled by PK-A. any thoughts out there?

Edited by whoopdeedoo

i expect Mershon and Cain to be in the starting lineup. completely agree Cain's defensive presence is very important. husker's success revolves around everyone knowing their role and playing well when called on. if Mershon and Cain start, i was just curious on opinions of who gets PK-A? i have been impressed with Mershon's movement around the basket and how she will fight for position. 

also, was just looking at freshman POW awards---i see Shakira Austin of Maryland has 5 and Naz Hillmon from Michigan has 4 (with the two sharing the award one week). 4 others (including husker's Brown) have 1 award. unless  others really step it up, Hillmon and Austin are most likely going to battle for FOY.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Nebraska Cornhuskers
vs. Northwestern Wildcats
Thursday, January 24, 2019, 7 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena (15,000) - Lincoln, Nebraska
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln-B107.3 FM; Omaha-ESPN 590 AM
Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Omaha World Hearld today: MUST READ

Edited by redsteve

Here is some information from the Game Page @ huskers.com

Huskers Expect Tough Home Clash with Wildcats
•
This Nebraska/Northwestern game has all the makings of a close game. The two teams not only have identical league marks, they are separated by fewer than 10 spots in the RPI and they are both battling for a top-four spot in the conference standings.

Scouting The Northwestern Wildcats
• Sophomore guard Lindsey Pulliam leads the Wildcats with 16.6 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. Pulliam has struggled from long range this year, hitting just 7-of-42 threes (.167) including 2-for-13 in Big Ten play. However, she is averaging 19.4 points per game in conference action.

• Senior forward Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpanah continues to provide a dominant inside presence with 11.6 and 10.8 rebounds, while leading Northwestern with 31 blocks. She also ranks second on the team with 29 steals. Akpanah is averaging 12.9 points and 11.1 boards in league play.

• Sophomore guard Jordan Hamilton averages 9.7 points and a team-leading 3.8 assists, while knocking down 36.2 percent (21-58) of her threes.

• Freshman guard Veronica Burton contributes 7.9 points and a team-leading 2.6 steals per game. Burton has been the Wildcats’ most consistent threat from long range with 40.4 percent (21-52) success from beyond the three-point arc.

• Injured 6-2 junior forward Abi Scheid has missed the last three games, but has averaged 11.0 points and 5.6 rebounds while hitting 35.2 percent of her threes on the season, including 8-of-15 (.533) in the first four Big Ten contests.

i expect Mershon and Cain to be in the starting lineup. completely agree Cain's defensive presence is very important. husker's success revolves around everyone knowing their role and playing well when called on. if Mershon and Cain start, i was just curious on opinions of who gets PK-A? i have been impressed with Mershon's movement around the basket and how she will fight for position. 

also, was just looking at freshman POW awards---i see Shakira Austin of Maryland has 5 and Naz Hillmon from Michigan has 4 (with the two sharing the award one week). 4 others (including husker's Brown) have 1 award. unless  others really step it up, Hillmon and Austin are most likely going to battle for FOY.

The probable starter's has Mershon in the lineup .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk