Rolling Down the Rock Bottom!

jimmykc

3 hours ago, PimpMario said:

Even losing our last 5 games can't be as bad as getting demolished by a 16 loss Penn State... Right?

we invite the inevitable doom. Yet at this point I'm more impressed with our ability to somehow one-up ourselves with WORSE and more horrific masochistic methods of humbling and cucking ourselves ??

On 2/14/2019 at 12:51 AM, TZAHL said:

Or maybe it’s we are who we are. 

Option 1. Get disciplined 3 star talent that will do everything right and finish 18-14 and we hate the recruiting 

option 2. Get lower 4 star talent and transfers that have a lot of upside but fail to do the little things and we finish 18-14 and we blame execution. 

Nebrasketball.  It’s FANtastic. And gives a guy grey hair, an ulcer, and a drinking problem

If those were my two options, i would take Option 1...because I think there is a higher floor and and you could possibly have a great run with a team that gets better and can execute.

Just a few thoughts leaking from my damaged brain...

- you can be physical without being tough.  Toughness wins.

- you can play hard without playing smart.  

- passing up a good shot is as egregious as taking a bad shot

- scoring a lot does not make you a great shooter

- rebounding is more about effort and positioning and less about size

- diving after loose balls and sprinting down the court actually makes you cool

- if you have bad habits and then practice those bad habits, no matter how hard you practice them, will not create good habits

- free throw shooting is about form and focus, and focus may be the more important aspect

- reality can sometimes suck, but you still have to face it - true character comes to those that do not turn their backs on the tasks in front of them.

So there you have it.   

On 2/20/2019 at 8:12 AM, Blindcheck said:

If those were my two options, i would take Option 1...because I think there is a higher floor and and you could possibly have a great run with a team that gets better and can execute.

Wait is there an option for consistent winning seasons.  I thought we had to have losing seasons at least 60% of the time?

18-14 every year sounds okay to me.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

The "Who We Got's" Vs. The "Injured Reserves"..... Who ya got?  GO!

Watson

Palmer

Roby

Tanner

Heiman

Thor

JTB

Costello

Copeland

Amir

Davis

Burke

Allen

Nana

Well, if the not-so-healthy crowd were actually at full health in all facets, I'd take those dudes if Brandon Ubel could be included on that intra-squad. I certainly have a lot of confidence in Dachon Burke & Cope bringin' it. And Amir, TA, Karrington & Akenten can D up the ballers on the other intra-squad. Would be entertaining, that's for sure....

Edited by AuroranHusker