uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 19 - @ Rutgers

uneblinstu

13 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

At this point NOT making the Tournament would require a face plant & Miles would be gone. Time will tell...

Ideally it would be making a tournament AND winning a game. I know that’s not realistic and that if he makes the tournament he is not getting fired. 

But, if we do make the tournament and lose first round next year doesn’t look great on paper and we will be in the same predicament I’m afraid. 

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

In the regular season??? 

I'm not betting against them at home. 5 of the next 7 at home. Only road games left are illinois, PSU, UM, MSU, and Purdue. They SHOULD win 2 MAYBE 3 if they come to play against Purdue. 

I'm as upset as anyone. Home games become significant. Maryland at home is probably the biggest game of the season now. 

AS BAD AS THEY LOOKED TONIGHT. That is still possible. 

Key word. POSSIBLE

8 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

I'm not betting against them at home. 5 of the next 7 at home. Only road games left are illinois, PSU, UM, MSU, and Purdue. They SHOULD win 2 MAYBE 3 if they come to play against Purdue. 

I'm as upset as anyone. Home games become significant. Maryland at home is probably the biggest game of the season now. 

AS BAD AS THEY LOOKED TONIGHT. That is still possible. 

Key word. POSSIBLE

As much as I love this team at home, every road game will be a grind and not a one will be a gimme.  I just hope to win out at home.

Edited by hskr4life

19 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

I know some will be surprised at me saying this, but there are A LOT of games left. Just like all of this "we will make the tournament" talk is all premature (it's amazing to me that it's talked about like it's a foregone conclusion when there are 12 conference games left) so is the doom and gloom. Although most on here know where I've stood about Miles for quite some time.

If Michael Lewis truly has some offensive stature, Miles would be well served to turn the reigns over to him (if he hasn't already) on offense ASAP. It's amazing how year in and year out we consistently struggle to score and have patented scoring droughts despite the offensive talent we have. That's coaching.

Of course this is technically a bad loss and in reality is a bad loss. Rutgers hasn't been playing well and our calling card of defense failed us. I fear Miles is close to losing this team if we don't take advantage of this next 7 game stretch. Leadership from the players is lacking and body language is saying a lot from my perspective. Thomas Allen struggled tonight and he has the look of someone who will be transferring imho.

The way we are losing is especially frustrating. So much mental going on ...

What the what?

That was an absolutely despicable loss. Unacceptable. Miles needs to get this bull shit figured out, quick. That’s our third loss on the road in conference with a ten point lead in the second half.

Some trends from our losses:

1. Hero ball bs shot selection

2. Don’t get easy rebounds

3. Don’t get 50/50 balls

4. Hesitant, dribble dribble dribble offense

5. Back breaking 3’s off of doubling the post. Doubling bad post players at that. 

2 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

That was an absolutely despicable loss. Unacceptable. Miles needs to get this bull shit figured out, quick. That’s our third loss on the road in conference with a ten point lead in the second half.

Some trends from our losses:

1. Hero ball bs shot selection

2. Don’t get easy rebounds

3. Don’t get 50/50 balls

4. Hesitant, dribble dribble dribble offense

5. Back breaking 3’s off of doubling the post. Doubling bad post players at that. 

Hard to quibble with this 

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

They were they were 3-3 for 6 points on us in zone as they torched our 1-2-2 slowdown and both times we threw the 1-3-1 on them.

That was a team that very specifically and very thoroughly gameplanned to beat us and there is no way we put in the same amount of effort.

They also shot better than us from the line.... and still only shot 65%.  

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

They were they were 3-3 for 6 points on us in zone as they torched our 1-2-2 slowdown and both times we threw the 1-3-1 on them.

That was a team that very specifically and very thoroughly gameplanned to beat us and there is no way we put in the same amount of effort.

And a day less prep time.  Can't recall a worse effort by a Husker  team and staff. 

3 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

When I say he has the look, I'm not saying he is playing like he needs to leave but rather watching him and his body language and especially when he is walking by Miles after being taken out and the like.

Tonight or every night?

39 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

This is what I keep telling myself. 

Sweep the home games. Maryland becomes HUGE. Purdue both H/A becomes HUGE. Illinois we SHOULD win. God forbid they lose that. 

I can still see 22-23 wins. 5 of the next 7 at home. But God I'm pissed. Tonight needs to be a gut check for them. Take a long hard look in the mirror

Dam you got good vision man. I would be giddy with 20 wins at this point...that counting the big ten tourney by the way 

2 hours ago, nustudent said:

If he fires Miles, it will be just.  Because it means he didn't make the tournament which is inexcusable with the talent we have

It seems like Miles is better at coaching underdogs than teams that are supposed to win.  If this season goes south, ironically Miles might have a better chance at getting that first NCAA win next year.

4 minutes ago, BBFan said:

It seems like Miles is better at coaching underdogs than teams that are supposed to win.  If this season goes south, ironically Miles might have a better chance at getting that first NCAA win next year.

2015-2016 & 2016-2017 makes that hard for me to buy that.

Edited by nustudent