uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 19 - @ Rutgers

uneblinstu

6 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Exactly why I said after MSU that we cant let it beat us twice.

We did.

We are a very talented team.  We are not a very good team.   We are not well coached.  We are not smart with the ball.   We are lackadaisical.   

The season is not over   But we just keep digging ourselves a deeper hole when we lose winnable games.  Road games schmoad games.   Good teams are consistent and they beat teams they should.   This is bad loss #2 to a team we are considerably better than and we are only 40% of the way through conference play.

great take. I'll stick with you. 

Just now, TimSmiles said:

these last 2 losses have been really bad. having said that we just need to finish the season 6-6 and we are probably in the tournament. i'm not ready to give up on this team. too many games left.

Needs to be 7-5.   You have a bad loss in Rutgers and Minnesota may end up as one.   

Bad loss.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.  You just can’t do that to yourself if you want to be taken seriously.  We moved way closer to the bubble tonight than I wanted to be at all this season.  Lots of games left.  

Need everyone one to be on top of their game.  Players and fans cannot give up now.  The guys are going to need us more than ever for our home games now.  We all bleed red and now we have to stop the bleeding.

Tomorrow the sun will come up and many of us will realize that this team has EVERYTHING in front of them.  Cannot look back. 

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Can’t imagine this is the consistency that Moos was speaking of. 

Hopefull Moos has a solid gameplan and if I was Miles I would be updating my resume. This loss is just inexcusable and this team should be in much better position than they are. 

This is why it was only a 1-year extension.   Moos wanted to see if last year was a one-off.   Which it is getting very close to looking like

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Bad loss.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.  You just can’t do that to yourself if you want to be taken seriously.  We moved way closer to the bubble tonight than I wanted to be at all this season.  Lots of games left.  

Need everyone one to be on top of their game.  Players and fans cannot give up now.  The guys are going to need us more than ever for our home games now.  We all bleed red and now we have to stop the bleeding.

Tomorrow the sun will come up and many of us will realize that this team has EVERYTHING in front of them.  Cannot look back. 

There are not lots of games left. Especially when we still have to go to Michigan and MSU. 

Sure, many more wins potentially on the board. But, these games matter! I said this after the Minnesota choke job. Even if we were to make the big dance these type of games really hurt for seeding purposes. This team should be playing for a 3-5 seed. Not 8-11. But..Miles just doesn’t have “it.”

The team' in trouble, no doubt, and I agree with nustudents general take above. We've burned up our allotment of headscratchers now. I think our guys need to understand that they can, in fact, play their way out of the tournament if they persist in playing like this. 

We didn't really have a gut check moment last year with this group given the vagaries of rpi. But this is their moment to lace up or go home. We'll see what their character is now. 

With likely road losses at Michigan and MSU looming... we may have to run the table at home and make sure we win that road game at Illinois to get in. Anything less and we are going to be sweating bullets or less on Selection Sunday barring a last day of Big 10 tournament run. I thought we were passed this garbage. 

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

There are not lots of games left. Especially when we still have to go to Michigan and MSU. 

Sure, many more wins potentially on the board. But, these games matter! I said this after the Minnesota choke job. Even if we were to make the big dance these type of games really hurt for seeding purposes. This team should be playing for a 3-5 seed. Not 8-11. But..Miles just doesn’t have “it.”

This team can still play with anyone.  As we found out... we can lose to anyone as well.  Agreed that we should be playing for a 3-5 seed.  However that’s still out there provided we win some games.  That’s why I say, there’s still a lot of games left.

I really can’t explain some of our brain farts out on the court. Only so much of that is on Miles. Like two guys fighting for a rebound and literally neither of them squeezing it and it goes to Rutgers. Or and underhand bowling scoop pass that gets deflected. Would be awesome to have this team with a guy like Lance Jeter on it. A composed, cool, on court general.  I love our guys , but wish some of them would have more of a killer attitude- 

2 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I really can’t explain some of our brain farts out on the court. Only so much of that is on Miles. Like two guys fighting for a rebound and literally neither of them squeezing it and it goes to Rutgers. Or and underhand bowling scoop pass that gets deflected. Would be awesome to have this team with a guy like Lance Jeter on it. A composed, cool, on court general.  I love our guys , but wish some of them would have more of a killer attitude- 

If one thing comes out of this... it’s that they’re now going to have to find a “killer” attitude because what they’re doing just isn’t cutting it.

1 minute ago, hhcdave said:

Also for as much blame (and deservedly so) that Miles is taking. James Palmer has been GOD AWFUL these last two. The NBA stuff must be in his head and as a result he’s setting himself up for overseas and taking the team down with him. Unfair? A bit. But that’s the reality. 

Missed FTs suck.  Also people see he scores 20+ and don’t see that he does it on 15-20 shots.  Cope on the other hand can score 15-20 and will be much more efficient.

1 minute ago, hhcdave said:

Also for as much blame (and deservedly so) that Miles is taking. James Palmer has been GOD AWFUL these last two. The NBA stuff must be in his head and as a result he’s setting himself up for overseas and taking the team down with him. Unfair? A bit. But that’s the reality. 

I think James is responding to the pressure of being tabbed a conference elite player by trying to put the team on his back but his back is creaking a little. In general, our teams haven't done well with higher expectations, and this team's had more than most. I think the weight of that is getting to them. But that's why coaches have to be good at managing their heads. It's a hugely important part of the job. And I'm not sure it's a strength of our current coach.