Nebraska (13-5) vs. Rutgers (8-9) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, Faux Mike Peltz said:

So, did the team learn anything at all from crumbling on the road vs. Minny and Maryland? After Indiana, I thought so...but nope. 

we had a llarge lead, which seems like the only kind of game we can play. we're not mentally sound enough in slugfests. 

We could still have a good year, but it’s not going to be the special year some hoped. Roby is an incredible athlete, but a very average basketball player. We are SO VERY shallow. Tim said we have top 4 talent, but this is not a top 4 team. 

Need some leaders to step up. Make the tourney and win a game and it’ll be all good. 

2 minutes ago, hhcdave said:

Pathetic. No fire and no heart. Consistent bad shots when going gets tough. This team panics way too easily. Down 5 with 5 left and we are having players hock up prayers with 17 on the shot clock. Welcome to the last four in. 

My thought is that we haven't learned how to win yet. This team is soft, not tough. On the road, a team with this talent wins by 10 or 15 easily. Yeah, there are some coaching issues. but they're not right mentally, and havent been for iowa and minnesota either. 

When we get the right coach and gameplan in here and figure this out, watch out. We will start winning these. 

Just now, hskr4life said:

No you are... I hope.  No need for quitters on this board.

hey, dude, this isn't your own personal board. you don't get to play attitude cop with every opinion you don't like. it needs to stop. I get that your naturally an optimist. that's an awesome thing. but stop being a fascist with people that aren't in agreement with you. it needs to stop. please. you're going out of your way to start a fight. 

1 minute ago, nebrasketball10 said:

We could still have a good year, but it’s not going to be the special year some hoped. Roby is an incredible athlete, but a very average basketball player. We are SO VERY shallow. Tim said we have top 4 talent, but this is not a top 4 team. 

Need some leaders to step up. Make the tourney and win a game and it’ll be all good. 

We ain't making shit.  In the tank 

Just now, tcp said:

we had a llarge lead, which seems like the only kind of game we can play. we're not mentally sound enough in slugfests. 

Entirely coaching. It’s what happens when you overhype a game and then bemoan the loss - see MSU - instead of moving on. The mentality of the kids reflect the mentality of their leader. 

2 minutes ago, hhcdave said:

Nice to see Miles give up by not calling one of two timeouts with 20 seconds left to bring in someone with less then 4 fouls. Guess those two timeouts will be useful next game. 

Yes, this bugs me to no end with Miles. He has a propensity to try and let the guys figure it out because we are a veteran team.  However, when you have no demonstrative leaders on the court, you are begging for things to unravel quickly as evidenced by the four 8-0+ runs.  That is unacceptable against any team, let alone Rutgers, and is inexcusable on the coaching staff.