Next 5 - Time to go streaking?

PimpMario

I read or heard somewhere that we’re favored by Kenpom in 9 of the next 10. We’ve all said this is the point in the schedule where we need to “put the hay in the barn.” My fear is we drop a home game to a Buckeye or Badger squad. It’s gonna be a slog, but need to play inspired ball & keep improving.

3 hours ago, PimpMario said:

Is that because you think we should win most of the next 5?

I am thinking this years team can take care off business.

Yes. I get more nervous when we're a favorite, unless it's MVSU or SW Minnesota, of course. Losing a game such as last night's is a huge opportunity missed, but the punishment is minimal. Lose one of the next five, and then we risk taking a dive in the rankings. Thus, my nerves when we're favored. I, too, am confident we can take care of business, but until the hay is in the barn ....

giphy.gif

It's a reason I rarely experience any nerves over a Nebraska football game. I'm a big fan, but I've experienced all five national championships and dozens of conference titles and bowl wins. That hay is in the barn, for me at least, so no big deal if we lose. This feels like now or never for an old basketball fan, though I know that's hyperbole.

Edited by jayschool

6 hours ago, jayschool said:

Yes. I get more nervous when we're a favorite, unless it's MVSU or SW Minnesota, of course. Losing a game such as last night's is a huge opportunity missed, but the punishment is minimal. Lose one of the next five, and then we risk taking a dive in the rankings. Thus, my nerves when we're favored. I, too, am confident we can take care of business, but until the hay is in the barn ....

It's a reason I rarely experience any nerves over a Nebraska football game. I'm a big fan, but I've experienced all five national championships and dozens of conference titles and bowl wins. That hay is in the barn, for me at least, so no big deal if we lose. This feels like now or never for an old basketball fan, though I know that's hyperbole.

As a Nebraska fan I have PTSD when it comes to playing teams that we theoretically are better than but this is our year to take care of business. I am surprisingly Zen.  Either we win these games or we don't and our cursed for eternity.