HHCC Game #19 - at Rutgers (Jan. 21, 7:00 PM CST)

HuskerFever

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2019 at 8:54 AM, aphilso1 said:

Do you understand how the computer rankings work?  Specifically the ones that the selection committee uses?  Style points absolutely count and are the primary reason we're ranked in the 10-15 range in NET and KenPom.  Contrast that with a system where the style points don't count-- we're 43rd in RPI. 

So, a) you're wrong and b) it's a darn good thing you are.

Yes I realize how computer rankings work. 

Would you take a close win now?

8 hours ago, nuhusker7 said:

Yes I realize how computer rankings work. 

Would you take a close win now?

Yes, I would always take a close win over a close loss if those are the only two choices.  But that was a game we needed to not only win but win decisively, and we did neither.  What's your point exactly?  A close win in Jersey would still leave us in the same situation overall: ending at .500 or worse and missing out on the post-season.  A close win at Rutgers would still have been a sign that our team was falling apart, especially considering the only reason we were ranked so highly was because we were crushing inferior opposition up to that point.  So not sure how flipping one game's result would make a difference.

Edited by aphilso1