Michigan St. (15-2) vs. Nebraska (13-4) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

It is clearly one of our best teams ever.  The best since maybe, what, 94-95?

Yes, it has some flaws.  I wouldn't call them serious, other than the depth issue.

Not serious flaws for a 5 or 6 seed. But 3 seeds are elite, their flaws are hard to pin point. We lack depth and have our shooting struggles. Not to say we can’t make a run - just saying I’m not going to expect it, because that’s asking for disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Not serious flaws for a 5 or 6 seed. But 3 seeds are elite, their flaws are hard to pin point. We lack depth and have our shooting struggles. Not to say we can’t make a run - just saying I’m not going to expect it, because that’s asking for disappointment. 

How many tournament win do you consider a run.

4 minutes ago, jdw said:

I don't know but I'm sure there was Copenhagen involved.

Ew, ick, definitely not me.

I bought myself a pack of Red Man leaf chew once.  ONCE.  Back when I was in the Army and you were hanging out, laying in the grass, waiting for your squad's turn to get on the range and zero your weapon, guys would share their chewing tobacco. It was something to do.  I must admit liking the flavor of the leaf tobacco.

I bought myself a pack once. But I decided if I do it again and it becomes a habit, my teeth will fall out. It's tough enough getting laid as a fat guy.  But a toothless fat guy? There's not enough wine at Sam's Club to get Vera in the mood if I have no teeth.

I had commented a couple days ago that we have not seen this team at our best.  We will have games where the entire squad is hot and we are playing as one.  We were close against Creighton, but the entire team was not "on."

The flip side to that is what happened last night.  Nearly the entire team had an off night shooting the ball.  Last night we shot rocks.  Goodness.  Contribute some of that to Michigan State, some of that to the players for lack of focus and in a couple instances, bad form.  But even Izzo said it, most teams have bad offensive nights like that.  Michigan State had one thing last night that we did not have...his name was Cassius Winston.