Michigan St. (15-2) vs. Nebraska (13-4) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

14 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

They had Cassius Winston, we didn’t.  Saw some good things tonight.  Can’t afford to let this beat us again at Rutgers.

They had a banked in 3 and we couldn't buy one tonight.  Credit to MSU, that's a National Title contender out there and they made like 3 big plays to beat us, but (and I am not a fan of moral victories don't get me wrong) we looked like we belonged out there on the court with them.

I believe Izzo when he talked after the game about how much he liked our team.

We have a pretty decent shot at winning the next 5 games.  I say we go out there and get 'em all.

Just now, Bugeaters1 said:

Was there a moral victory?

No and I have not seen anyone claim one. Just don’t like when folks say it’s okay because (fill in blank). We played hard and came up short, hope we take that we played a damn good team close and fix what needs fixed to beat said team.

1 minute ago, colhusker said:

This beats losing to Minnesota when we gave it a way

In the Indiana game thread I said I would be way more relaxed during this game thread. That’s what makes games like the minny game so big, just so much more room to breath. Especially in this conf. Games like the Indiana game give us that luxury.

1 minute ago, PimpMario said:

I feel like we should be able to be upset in the game thread.  Looking at our schedule I think we can make some hay

Depends on your expectations. I think we’re a 5 or 6 seed type team. This type of win would have knocked us into a 3 or 4 range. Thats icing on the cake for me, but certainly not my bar for this group.

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

so why are you a debbie downer in the game threads? sounds like a personal problem.

I mean I'm a Nebrasketball fan.  Have you seen how bad we have been the last 2 decades?  

This is our real shot to get a good seed and wins some games in the tournament.  I don't want to waste this team

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Depends on your expectations. I think we’re a 5 or 6 seed type team. This type of win would have knocked us into a 3 or 4 range. Thats icing on the cake for me, but certainly not my bar for this group.

Why?  This is one of if not our best teams ever.  We can get a 3 seed if we could just put it together.  3-4 is disappointing for me.

1 minute ago, PimpMario said:

Why?  This is one of if not our best teams ever.  We can get a 3 seed if we could just put it together.  3-4 is disappointing for me.

Well your ignoring some serious flaws on this team. But that’s fine, your expectations are your own. Just think you’re going to be disappointed if you will be disappointed even with a 3 seed (top 12 team). 

13 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Well your ignoring some serious flaws on this team. But that’s fine, your expectations are your own. Just think you’re going to be disappointed if you will be disappointed even with a 3 seed (top 12 team). 

It is clearly one of our best teams ever.  The best since maybe, what, 94-95?

Yes, it has some flaws.  I wouldn't call them serious, other than the depth issue.