Bold Prediction: Top 25

hhcdave

A win tonight obviously will put us firmly in the Top 25 come Monday (likely #20 or 21).

But I'll take it one step further.

A win tonight will put us in the Top 25 for the remainder of the season when you consider our favorable schedule the next few weeks and the fact that once you hit #20 or so, the only thing that takes you out is an 0-2 week.

Win tonight and we could finish out the year entirely in the Top 25!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, hhcdave said:

A win tonight obviously will put us firmly in the Top 25 come Monday (likely #20 or 21).

But I'll take it one step further.

A win tonight will put us in the Top 25 for the remainder of the season when you consider our favorable schedule the next few weeks and the fact that once you hit #20 or so, the only thing that takes you out is an 0-2 week.

Win tonight and we could finish out the year entirely in the Top 25!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a win tonight puts us in the top 15

59 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I'll go you one further.  If NU wins tonight, their ranking in the final AP poll before the NCAA Tourney will be higher than the 90-91 team which was, I believe, 9th.  

Wow.  That's a very bold statement.  I'm a sunshine pumper and I'm not prepared to go that far.

And to think you'd have been OK with the coach being fired last March.

I'll go you one further:  If the coach had been fired last March, we'd be in a 3-way race with Rutgers and Illinois for last place in the league.  But at least we'd have a new coach, right?

35 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Wow.  That's a very bold statement.  I'm a sunshine pumper and I'm not prepared to go that far.

And to think you'd have been OK with the coach being fired last March.

I'll go you one further:  If the coach had been fired last March, we'd be in a 3-way race with Rutgers and Illinois for last place in the league.  But at least we'd have a new coach, right?

Norm, with all you got going on in your life I can't believe you remember what an insignificant peon like me opinion was last March.  Thanks!  It means a lot to me.

36 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Norm, with all you got going on in your life I can't believe you remember what an insignificant peon like me opinion was last March.  Thanks!  It means a lot to me.

Norm files that stuff away to use it against people. 

I do it sometimes as well. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 4:38 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Sad thing is that it’s two weeks later and now we’re looking up at Rutgers in the standings. 

14 hours ago, hhcdave said:

If you would have told me we'd go from a 4 seed in Lunardi going into the Michigan State game to a bubble NIT team I would have told you you're crazy. Yet here we are.

Ugh...just makes me sick that this is the situation we are in. Still time to turn it around but man, I never thought we would be sitting like this after the Indiana game.