Watching Horne

colhusker

Transfering is the way of NOW.  Kudos to Tim for being ahead of the game and building this solid foundation on solid transfers.  

As one of the announcers in our game said earlier... Seth Davis maybe?.... If you aren't in the transfer game right now... you aren't winning.

I believe he followed that up with unless you are Kentucky, Duke, etc.

Edited by hskr4life

30 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Would be a nice guy to have off our bench. What was the reason behind his transfer? He played in about every game as a freshman didn’t he? 

Was in the same class as Roby and Jordy plus had Morrow and MJ ahead of him. I also believe Isaac Copeland was in the folds as well.

He announced his transfer before MJ and Ed. I kinda wonder if it had been reversed, would he have chosen to stay?

Edited by khoock

21 minutes ago, 49r said:

Foot hurty?

Also, Tarin Smith is playing spot minutes for KenPom #83 UConn.  I was sad to see him leave.

Hopefully now that we are consistently putting a winning product out there some of these guys will stay their 4 years here instead of 2 here and 2 there. That’s how you build a winning program 

2 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Hopefully now that we are consistently putting a winning product out there some of these guys will stay their 4 years here instead of 2 here and 2 there. That’s how you build a winning program 

I also think some of Miles problem was that he just recruited over guys.  Players who were starters years one and two were looking to be 6th, 7th, or 8th man in years 3-4.  Players who were hoping to start sometime were looking like career role players here.  That is a credit to Tim.

To build a winning program, I agree, you need players to stick around.  However, first you have to have the right players and then get them to stick around.  I want to get to the point that being a 6th, 7th, or 8th man  on Nebraska is better than starting for UCONN, Tulsa, Ect.

However, in this day and age, it is going to be really tough to get players to stick around if they aren't looking like starters for four years.  That's just the reality.  So another huge credit to Miles for taking advantage of the transfer market more than the transfer market has taken advantage of us.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

However, in this day and age, it is going to be really tough to get players to stick around if they aren't looking like starters for four years.  That's just the reality.  So another huge credit to Miles for taking advantage of the transfer market more than the transfer market has taken advantage of us.

That is a good point.

Has TM lost any significant transfers aside from AW3 and MJ? If thats all, we have definitely gained alot more than we have lost.

Edited by khoock

He was a decent player who could have helped.  I think he was sort of a tweener when it came to a position and he also struggled with defense.  Yet, he was only a freshman when he left.  So, again, he could have certainly helped with another year of experience under his belt.  Oh well...that ship sailed.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Hopefully taking a guy from the state of Nebraska every year for a few years will get us around that. It should be much easier to wait your turn when your within a 100 miles of your home. Will these guys be all big ten? Probably not but they should atleast be rotation guys

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I also think some of Miles problem was that he just recruited over guys.  Players who were starters years one and two were looking to be 6th, 7th, or 8th man in years 3-4.  Players who were hoping to start sometime were looking like career role players here.  That is a credit to Tim.

To build a winning program, I agree, you need players to stick around.  However, first you have to have the right players and then get them to stick around.  I want to get to the point that being a 6th, 7th, or 8th man  on Nebraska is better than starting for UCONN, Tulsa, Ect.

Bingo! Spot on!

8 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Curious what people think, long term, would you take Tarin Smith or Bakari Evelyn?? 

Taking in the context of what we have now and who we have coming in? No.

I dont think anyone of them are better than the gaurds we currently have and the ones that are committed.

Only one I would like to have back rn is MJ. Bless Tanners heart for his hustle and discipline but imagine if it was MJ getting that 15-20 min a game. 

11 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Better than starting for UCONN ?? One of the best basketball programs in the last 15 years minus the last 4 years or so.... I am not sure about that... Hurley will have them back in the running in a couple years!! Now if they could get out of the AAC would be the next step!!

Since I had a bit of time this morning and since this thread is about how Timmy has played the transfer game, I thought a comparison of transfers in and transfers out would be interesting. I didn't count JUCOs as transfers and the list pretty much speaks for itself. IN's 2012: Petteway, Pitchford, 2013: 0 ,2014: AWIII, Moses Ayegba, 2015:Gill, 2016: Palmer, Okeke,2017:Copeland,2018: Burke. OUT's 2012; Josiah Moore,2013: Jordan Tyrance, 2014: Vucetic, Hawkins, Wagner (WO), 2015: T. Smith,2016:AWIII, Hammond, 2017: Morrow, Horne, Jacobson, Fuller,2018:0. 

1 hour ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Now if they could get out of the AAC would be the next step!!

The state of Connecticut doesn't touch a current Big Ten state, so that's out of question. They only seem to care about adjacency and number of eyeballs.

(Plus, we don't need another Rutgers football team.)

A few games ago, Tulsa was playing in the TV slot before the NU game.  As is typical, that game went over the allotted time and cut into the NU broadcast.  I missed the first 4-5 minutes of the NU game.

The reason for Tulsa game going over was Horne missed 1 of 2 free throws at the end of regulation that sent the game into OT.  If he had made it, Tulsa would have won in regulation.

I'm thinking, "Thanks a lot, Jeriah, you're still letting NU down."  ?