Hail Glynn Watson!

Handy Johnson

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Congrats Glynn.  I love it. 

Didn't know Carr was in the house.  Was he a guest of the team and near the bench?  Last I heard (via Dave and his where are they now interviews) he was teaching and had a cooking show back home in Indiana.

Miles mentioned it his post-game chat with KP...

19 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

My buddy asked me this question yesterday night during the game, Glynn is going to be in the top of most of our stat lists, has won a ton of games, been a loyal 4 year leader and great on both sides of the ball.  Here’s the kicker...is his a Jersey we retire?  

If we make the Sweet Sixteen, yes.

7 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Is that when the "defunct Nebrasketball fans who converted to Creighton basketball fans" start coming back to Nebraska's side and say:

"This is so awesome! I've been cheering for them my entire life! We did it!"

Yes indeed. Many of those same folks making fun of our program when we got blasted a couple times recently. It must suck going through life being such a jack wagon. 

23 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Omaha so Creighton fans can have a chance to see a sweet 16 parade as well. Plus I live there.

Take that baby across the entire state since the University of Nebraska is the state's school.... and it's a RED state ! GBR !!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Is that when the "defunct Nebrasketball fans who converted to Creighton basketball fans" start coming back to Nebraska's side and say:

"This is so awesome! I've been cheering for them my entire life! We did it!"

If it hurts creighton I am fine with it.

7 hours ago, colhusker said:

Watson is my favorite on this team. He could have taken his ball and gone home when others bailed on their team. He stayed and took the role of leader. Add in he is a damn fine player.

In the post-game interview, Miles was listing some of Watson's strengths. One of them he threw out was "loyalty." That's not a strength coaches usually list in such an interview but in this case, I can definitely see why Miles would include the trait.

7 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Regardless of our tournament run, I’ll say Glynn will NOT have his jersey retired. That’s for the elite of the elite. As an example, Cookie Belcher is in the Top 10 on the NCAA steals list & his jersey is nowhere to be found...

Agreed. The down year last year hurt him. A big ten championship could certainly tilt this arguement tho

28 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Both Glynn and Brian are two of the four best point guards we ever had in my life time.. The other two would be Tyronn and Jack.

All four were great at what they did by the running team, and then each has/had their own strengths.

Pretty cool to mention some NU great back-court leaders in the past 40 years, and that a current dude is a part of the fearsome foursome, well, that's fun too:

Glynn Watson Jr

Brian Carr

Tyronn Lue

Jack Moore