Hail Glynn Watson!

Handy Johnson

20 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Last night he passed Husker/Laker legend Stu Lantz for 16th place on the NU scoring list. Also passed Brian Carr (who was in the house) on the All-time NU assist list. Keep it rollin’ Brother!

As much as I hate to correct a fellow early 90s NU grad, he didn't pass the great Brian Carr on the assist list...instead he's within 7 of passing Beau Reid for tenth on the assist list.  To overtake Brian Carr on the assist list somebody is going to have to average 5 assists per game over a 4 year career.  Instead Glynn is now tied with Carr on the all time steals list, now in sixth place.

At his current season averages Glynn is on track to be 12th all time in scoring, 7th in assists, and 4th in steals after the regular season.  He could easily finish 11th, 6th, and 3rd.

16 hours ago, royalfan said:

He made the biggest play of the game by far last night.  We were reeling and the lead all the way down to 3 and roby had recently gone to bench with three fouls.  Watson hit a little 14 footer by the free throw line on a nice move and we never looked back.   

The 3 he canned after Palmer missed the bunny was a pretty big play too.   We had momentum and were about to lose it all when Palmer missed.   Glynn put his foot down on it though

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HB said:

Not sure I've ever felt worse for a guy than Glynn.   Really good guy.   This is painful.  

I can not agree any more, HB. I fondly recall that Glynn made my 11 year old son's day by snapping a quick pic at the Nebrasketball Buddies function, right in the middle of this season (mid-Dec.). In fact, I remember Glynn telling the 250 kiddos that the team had Big Ten Tournament Championship aspirations as well as seeking the Final Four as their B1G Goal to 2019. It is highly important to set HUGE goals as a leader; so, rightfully, I felt fairly enamored with his leadership by example. Well, despite the latest unforeseen swoon, he's still a leader in my book, as Glynn's getting up shots when everyone else left the arena after that zip-for-10 night. I believe Watson's a baller, bottom line. And I have a huge amount of respect for a dude who stayed when all of his fellow ballyhooed FROSH class left. Go Glynn, let's get this s@^& turned around (a la Roburt Sallie!). GBR !!!

1548907709_2018-12-1820_14_33a.thumb.jpg.95cdf84e0494d5ecdaf4db81a789c3fe.jpg